Thread: Flickr Prints

Flickr Prints

Just ordered my favorite 4X5 on Flickr as glossy 5X7

Print is cheap shipping is not

Testing 123
    Tin Can

Re: Flickr Prints

I tried it, didn’t like it. Had a color cast to the prints. Decided to try a few other labs to compare. Sent the same wet-scanned 4x5 negative post processed in LR. No instructions, just wanted to see what they’d come up with. Did a darkroom print myself first. Had them do standard digital printing and also printing onto silver gelatin darkroom paper, various sizes. Tried Fromex, MPix, and Phoenix Photo Lab. Long story short, the ones from Phoenix, while they took about a week longer to arrive, looked the best. I didn’t notice any color cast I got with the others. Shadow detail looked good, as did the blacks and whites. It was the closest to the darkroom print. That was a couple months ago. I just placed another order from them to print onto their photo rag paper in 11x14. Interested to see the results.
    “With great film size comes great responsibility”
    www.formlevelphoto.com

Re: Flickr Prints

Quote Originally Posted by Nitesail View Post
    I tried it, didn’t like it. Had a color cast to the prints. Decided to try a few other labs to compare. Sent the same wet-scanned 4x5 negative post processed in LR. No instructions, just wanted to see what they’d come up with. Did a darkroom print myself first. Had them do standard digital printing and also printing onto silver gelatin darkroom paper, various sizes. Tried Fromex, MPix, and Phoenix Photo Lab. Long story short, the ones from Phoenix, while they took about a week longer to arrive, looked the best. I didn’t notice any color cast I got with the others. Shadow detail looked good, as did the blacks and whites. It was the closest to the darkroom print. That was a couple months ago. I just placed another order from them to print onto their photo rag paper in 11x14. Interested to see the results.
    Not cheap, but I find Cone Editions' Piezography prints to be the best.