Thread: Boyer Saphir Color 300mm f/5.6

Boyer Saphir Color 300mm f/5.6

I bought one of this lenses and still waiting for reveiving.
    I like to know something about the coverage.
    I found only one side which says it has 46° angle of view. I can' t believe it.
    Is someone else here who has this lens in use and can say something about the real image circle?

Re: Boyer Saphir Color 300mm f/5.6

Sounds about right for a Tessar formula lens.

The Saphir Color is a convertible plasmat, a contemporary of the first plasmat type Symmar, also sold as convertible, and Sironar. Eric Beltrando, who should know, told me that it covers 45 degrees. This when we wrote http://www.galerie-photo.com/boyer-lens-optic.html.

Arri, after you have the lens, please try it out and report.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    The Saphir Color is a convertible plasmat, a contemporary of the first plasmat type Symmar, also sold as convertible, and Sironar. Eric Beltrando, who should know, told me that it covers 45 degrees. This when we wrote http://www.galerie-photo.com/boyer-lens-optic.html.

Arri, after you have the lens, please try it out and report.
    Thank you Dan, I know this side about the Boyer lenses but I were realy surprised to read that this lenses can only cover 45°.
    The rear cell is small in diameter but the lens is mounted in a Compound IV shutter, the 300mm Symmar in a Compound III. This speaks for a larger inside diameter.
    Of cause I will test the lens and leave a feetback here.

I started to add "where's Dan?" to my post. I knew he would have the answer.