Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Autistic Photographers NOT Images of

Re: Autistic Photographers NOT Images of

Would an autistic person ever worry about being autistic?

They know different

and rebel sometimes

My nephew, now 35, finally escaped the tyranny of his father only recently. He moved out of state to other, kinder relatives

It was a raid!

I was banned from contact, when I urgently suggested, the 18 year old graduating HS straight A's with a helper enroll in the wonderfull Junior colleg he could bicycle to.

I graduated from that college in Art, sampled everything, wrote for the Student newspaper as old man

Parents, serious Pot Heads that did not stop smoking Pot even with lung cancer. His mother died. RIP

Now I write the escapee every week and we converse on many topics

Smart as a whip, THEY handicapped him

He hated any picture. I got a candid which his mother loved

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Pere View Post
    Would an autistic person ever worry about being autistic?
    Tin Can

3 weeks ago, Sabine a German scientist splaine's things

Here is her cogent treatese

It's not political

https://youtu.be/KPDlo5jrhmI
    Tin Can

Sabine is usually pretty good on physics. I liked her older videos more. I'm not so into the "science news" kind of stuff so I haven't kept up enough with her videos lately. I should do some binge Hossenfeldering.

I like Sabine alot

Have you heard and seen her music?

Fun!
    Tin Can

My son is mildly autistic, but has severe Asperger's Syndrome. He was born in 1972, and by late 1973, we thought we had a toddler genius. He could read, do math problems such as multiple numeric comparisons, and even understood elements of algebra. However, he was also deathly afraid of change, noise, and just about anything that took him out of "his world". He did poorly in school, was bored, and kept things in a bit of an uproar in his class. By the end of the 1st grade, we were at wit's end. The teacher was unsympathetic, and we finally had a meeting with concerned parties, and discovered the IEP (Individual Education Program). We sat in a meeting which consisted of everyone vs. my wife and me. The meeting was decidedly going badly until a curmudgeonly woman spoke up. She quickly took control, and advised the school folks that if there were any retaliations against our son, they would have to deal with her. In the second grade, he went into Special Ed, and got much better treatment, and seemed to improve. At the same time, we took him to at least four different child psychologists, who, to a man, advised us he would likely kill his younger brother, etc. They didn't have a clue. At the end of the year, I was transferred to Michigan, and we started all over with new IEP's, etc.

In 1989, I needed some treatment for clinical depression (runs in my family). We saw a great psychiatrist, who spent a major amount of time interviewing our entire family. Finally, he asked us if we knew that our oldest son had a form of autism. We were stunned. We always thought that autism was "Rain Man". We discovered that autism was a "spectrum disorder". After extensive testing by both the psychiatrist and one of his staff psychologists, we found he was on the mild end of the spectrum, and that counseling was the order of the day. We kept him in therapy until he was 20, when the staff believed he should be fully mainstreamed. He did much better in community college and got an associate's certificate in mass communication, and started a brief career in radio. He became independent and did very well until 2007. At that time he experienced a total relapse and we had to start over. He lived with us the next fourteen years, finally getting a job suited to his skills, and moving out on his own. It was at this time, that my own psychiatrist and I got into a discussion about my son. She told me to look up Asperger's Syndrome. I started searching for information, and located a test that parents could take to help determine if a child had Asperger's. I honestly answered the questions, and my son "hit" on 25/25. His Asperger's is severe, meaning he just will never be able to master the social contract, so he'll likely be a bachelor for life. One of the bonuses he has with his company, is that the CEO has a daughter who is also Autistic/Severe Asperger's. Denny is his "go-to" guy for all things autistic/Asperger's. He's encouraged my son to fully participate in Autism Awareness, and has even sent him to the state capital to make a presentation before a state senate committee (you don't think my chest swells a bit??).
    Best,
    Dennis

She’s still doing that? I remember back when she first began posting to YouTube those music videos were interspersed among the physics videos. The feedback was...not good, so she announced the music would be on a separate channel from then on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    I like Sabine alot

Have you heard and seen her music?

Fun!

Quote Originally Posted by pendennis View Post
    My son is mildly autistic, but has severe Asperger's Syndrome. He was born in 1972, and by late 1973, we thought we had a toddler genius. He could read, do math problems such as multiple numeric comparisons, and even understood elements of algebra. However, he was also deathly afraid of change, noise, and just about anything that took him out of "his world". He did poorly in school, was bored, and kept things in a bit of an uproar in his class. By the end of the 1st grade, we were at wit's end. The teacher was unsympathetic, and we finally had a meeting with concerned parties, and discovered the IEP (Individual Education Program). We sat in a meeting which consisted of everyone vs. my wife and me. The meeting was decidedly going badly until a curmudgeonly woman spoke up. She quickly took control, and advised the school folks that if there were any retaliations against our son, they would have to deal with her. In the second grade, he went into Special Ed, and got much better treatment, and seemed to improve. At the same time, we took him to at least four different child psychologists, who, to a man, advised us he would likely kill his younger brother, etc. They didn't have a clue. At the end of the year, I was transferred to Michigan, and we started all over with new IEP's, etc.

In 1989, I needed some treatment for clinical depression (runs in my family). We saw a great psychiatrist, who spent a major amount of time interviewing our entire family. Finally, he asked us if we knew that our oldest son had a form of autism. We were stunned. We always thought that autism was "Rain Man". We discovered that autism was a "spectrum disorder". After extensive testing by both the psychiatrist and one of his staff psychologists, we found he was on the mild end of the spectrum, and that counseling was the order of the day. We kept him in therapy until he was 20, when the staff believed he should be fully mainstreamed. He did much better in community college and got an associate's certificate in mass communication, and started a brief career in radio. He became independent and did very well until 2007. At that time he experienced a total relapse and we had to start over. He lived with us the next fourteen years, finally getting a job suited to his skills, and moving out on his own. It was at this time, that my own psychiatrist and I got into a discussion about my son. She told me to look up Asperger's Syndrome. I started searching for information, and located a test that parents could take to help determine if a child had Asperger's. I honestly answered the questions, and my son "hit" on 25/25. His Asperger's is severe, meaning he just will never be able to master the social contract, so he'll likely be a bachelor for life. One of the bonuses he has with his company, is that the CEO has a daughter who is also Autistic/Severe Asperger's. Denny is his "go-to" guy for all things autistic/Asperger's. He's encouraged my son to fully participate in Autism Awareness, and has even sent him to the state capital to make a presentation before a state senate committee (you don't think my chest swells a bit??).
    Dennis, my nephew also has Asperger and he is also not quite socially. He is now 22 been in treatment for more than 15 years, but it seems to been paying off. He found a girlfriend that also have Asperger in high school. And now for the last 3 month they are living together just during school time.
    It seems for now that together they can face the world. So you never now.

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel Coquis View Post
    HOW ARE YOU DOING?
    Good enough, thanks ![/QUOTE]

This is are pics taken by teenager members of the "photographers team" at the "école/hôpital".
    The workshop consist in bringing their attention to the game of the "claro/obscuro" and the the magical pinhole box.
    The cameras where constructed by themselves, the processing of the film as well.
    At the end of the cycle, an exhibition was given in a gallery in Paris.
    I learnt so much from this people and will always remain grateful !

Few years ago, I run several workshops with teenagers at a "école/hôpital" in France.
    We create the "photographers team". We construct our own cameras and we process our large format films.
    The use of the pinhole became really significatif, there was a lot of enthousiasme playing with !
    At the end of the cycle we mount an exhibition in a public gallery in Paris.
    Hope this is bringing enjoyable information for this post from Tin Can.
    I learnt much during this workshops and will remain very grateful for what it was given to me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pin-hole-0002.jpg   Mannequin-001.jpg   006.jpg   La-Rose.jpg