Thread: Mammoth Camera Support: Tripod(s), Hydraulic Lift Table or Manual Crank Table

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Mammoth Camera Support: Tripod(s), Hydraulic Lift Table or Manual Crank Table

Greetings,

I hope all are well

Sorry to ask this but I'm kind of lost on how to support a mammoth camera.
    May I ask what would be the best way to support a 50 pound camera that has bellows extension of 1400-1500mm?

I need some sort of system that I can raise and lower the camera on my own, though, setting up would understandably still require an assistant.
    As I plan to do studio portraits with the RA4 direct positive reversal process I won't need to move the camera around very much.

Would others be able to help recommend or guide me to a system or setup that will work?

Would a hydraulic lift table work? How would I vertically angle the camera? Perhaps an additional smaller lift mechanisms would work (see photos attached)
    Would two of these manual 150lb capacity crank tables work? I like this possible setup as I can raise and lower the front and back so I can get angled studio portraits.

I don't have a lot of money right now, so any solution that is cheap and cheerful is best!

Thanks so much for reading this!
    Be well!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lift-table.jpg   41orEfz8HEL.__AC_SX300_SY300_QL70_ML2_.jpg   41GnErxcc3L.__AC_SX300_SY300_QL70_ML2_.jpg