Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: May/June View Camera

May/June View Camera

Steve,

I'll give you the An-My Le article - that's a good move
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

www.photo-muse.blogspot.com blog

May/June View Camera

"Let's see if I can clarify a few things.

To Robert Zeichner. We have sent two letters to you in the last few weeks asking for your ss#, tax id number, etc. We are now required to have this. As soon as you respond with an invoice as we have asked that includes this information we will take care of things.

steve simmons"

I have received no correspondence from you or View Camera over the last couple of weeks or the last five months for that matter regarding this requirement. Now that you inform me of this, I will be sending a 5th invoice to you tomorrow via certified mail. Is there any other information you will need while I'm at it? My invoices all have my name and mailing address. What do you mean by etc? Is there another bit of information you require that I'll find out about a few months from now or will my SS# be sufficient?

May/June View Camera

At least some of you evidently have received their May/June issue of View Camera. My January/February issue arrived at the end of March. March/April issue has not even arrived yet. Maybe my postman reads them before he delivers them!

Frank Bagbey

May/June View Camera

"At least some of you evidently have received their May/June issue of View Camera. My January/February issue arrived at the end of March. March/April issue has not even arrived yet. Maybe my postman reads them before he delivers them!"

I'm south of Miami Florida and VC usually arrives a couple of weeks after I begin reading posts here about it. I don't think my USPS delivery person reads it though since it seems he cannot speak English. He does laugh a lot when I've had to ask him questions he could not answer which was 100% of the time. I'm just happy when I get it.

May/June View Camera

FWIW, the USPS system for handling "periodical-rate" mail (aka bulk mail, or previously "second class") is substantially different than that used for regular first-class mail within the U.S.. The reduced postage rate reflects the fact that much of the sorting and organization work is done by the mailer (typically, the printer in the case of most magazines). Overall, the system is designed to be fairly efficient. But, because of regional and local post office variables, delivery service comparisons between destinations can be quite varied. My understanding is that each distribution point and final destination PO typically has a designated group of people who handle this type of mail. As such, the flow can be disrupted if that PO has staffing or illness issues. Additionally, some points of origin are better connected within the postal system than others.

So, while sending magazines by periodical rate remains the most practical and economical method, it also suffers from the unpredictability caused by variables within the postal system.

May/June View Camera

Yeah, it's OK to blame Steve for bad editing and global warming, but not the USPS!

May/June View Camera

Ralph: Thank you for the thoughtful response; it all makes sense to me.
    Frank: I think with some of the hot air that is diffused through the VC threads from time-to-time, Steve just might get blamed for some of the global warming. ;o)

May/June View Camera

Well I live 10 minutes from Steve and I just got mine today. What is the deal? If he really cared he could have just driven over and deliverd it himself.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

May/June View Camera

On a lighter note......I would just like to meet Mr. Simmons. Because one thing I will say for the man is that he is one tough somabitch. He's taken more shots than Frazier did in Manila over his rag, whether they're deserved or not, he still gets up. Keep your left up Steve. P.S. By the way, where's my magazine?.....Just kidding.... got it today

May/June View Camera

Oh look! A cow!