Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: New 75mm Hypergon Lens

Re: New 75mm Hypergon Lens

Quote Originally Posted by rayfor View Post
    My friend has checked Chamonix 8x10 ultra light. he said the bellow is fine but the rail will goes into the image since hypergon is too wide in this case. That's not a problem if you own a monorail camera. Also there will be a ECO810ss (snapshot version) camera available on the same website today or tomorrow.
    I don’t see the ECO810ss available on the website yet… is it still coming soon?

Unlike the Chamonix 8x10, the Shen-Hao has front base tilt.
    I'll try it on my Shen-Hao 8x10. I think I can use it like this . I can crop it during printing if the front base of the camera shows.

I'll update when the lens arrives .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tilt.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	75.0 KB 
ID:	244073

Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    Unlike the Chamonix 8x10, the Shen-Hao has front base tilt.
    I'll try it on my Shen-Hao 8x10. I think I can use it like this . I can crop it during printing if the front base of the camera shows.

I'll update when the lens arrives .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tilt.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	75.0 KB 
ID:	244073
    I’m more worried about focusing at the max aperture of f22 … will I even see the front base of the camera on the ground glass?

/s

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi7475 View Post
    I’m more worried about focusing at the max aperture of f22 … will I even see the front base of the camera on the ground glass?

/s
    Sure you could see the front base. But I doubt the ground glass will appear in the view if you shot vertically.

Lightbulb Re: New 75mm Hypergon Lens

Hello
    normally, my 75mm is on the way...
    is it possible to have 75mm step file in order to design a mount for Copal-Sinar shutter?
    It will be hot but maybe not impossible...
    here you can see a cut of SINAR S2 with Copal-Sinar shutter and 135° blue light path
    Attachment 244109
    Thanks
    J.Ph.

Quote Originally Posted by amansjeanphilippe View Post
    Hello
    normally, my 75mm is on the way...
    is it possible to have 75mm step file in order to design a mount for Copal-Sinar shutter?
    It will be hot but maybe not impossible...
    here you can see a cut of SINAR S2 with Copal-Sinar shutter and 135° blue light path
    Attachment 244109
    Thanks
    J.Ph.
    I was thinking of mounting a Sinar Norma 8x10 to 4x5 reducing back onto the front of a rear Norma 8x10 standard. Sinar shutter onto the reducing back and the 75mm Hypergon mounted as close to the shutter blades as possible. Anyone have a Sinar Norma 8x10 to 4x5 reducing back to see if this would work? Especially interested in the distance from the shutter's blades to the GG.

Stuck inside of Tucson with the Neverland Blues again...

In the original Hypergon, the lens elements were so close together that there wasn't room for both aperture and shutter blades between them. Those Hypergons could only be mounted in a Volute shutter, in which the aperture blades doubled as shutter blades. But that negated the use of the fan, which was mounted on the barrel mount. I'm not sure about spacing or center neutral density filtration on the new design.
    "I love my Verito lens, but I always have to sharpen everything in Photoshop..."

Interesting thread. Couple questions:

1. The Elevan Film website does not include any sample images taken with this lens. Do any of you have example shots? I am just curious to see what the results are like. I looked up the original and didn't see any samples either.

2. Are there any reviews out on the ECO810 or coming soon? I didn't see anything aside from this unboxing without closed captions (he did not test it). It would be interesting to see the results of this lens on the ECO810.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Sawyer View Post
    In the original Hypergon, the lens elements were so close together that there wasn't room for both aperture and shutter blades between them. Those Hypergons could only be mounted in a Volute shutter, in which the aperture blades doubled as shutter blades. But that negated the use of the fan, which was mounted on the barrel mount. I'm not sure about spacing or center neutral density filtration on the new design.
    Mark, I saw a thread from '04 where you mentioned that you bought a 75mm Goerz Hypergon. Have you already shared many images from that lens? Any threads you could point to?

Stuck inside of Tucson with the Neverland Blues again...

Quote Originally Posted by Certain Exposures View Post
    Mark, I saw a thread from '04 where you mentioned that you bought a 75mm Goerz Hypergon. Have you already shared many images from that lens? Any threads you could point to?
    Here are a few older images made with the 75mm Hypergon on 8x10. I haven't used it much, but hope to get back to it as time allows...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 75mmHypergon500hi.jpg   chicagostorehypergon.700wide.jpg  
    "I love my Verito lens, but I always have to sharpen everything in Photoshop..."