Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ADOX CHS II 100 14x17 Bad Experience

Re: ADOX CHS II 100 14x17 Bad Experience

That’s horrible, and they didn’t offer to compensate you in any way? I was just debating whether to buy the last of their 717, now I just have to pass given what you’re describing. Have you tried contacting Mirko through their apug email, that might help. I feel for you, that’s some expensive film.

Quote Originally Posted by paulbarden View Post
    It just seems unlikely that the film didn't react to exposure whatsoever. You will know for sure if you take a piece of that film, bring it out into daylight so you KNOW it has been exposed, and then process it. If it goes black, then you have to assume that you either didn't expose the film through user error, or you fixed it before you developed it. Or possibly the developer was dead.
    Thanks. This sounds reasonable. My theory is that the negatives I had were notched incorrectly (as not all had notches) in turn causing me to have the wrong side up.

Will try and test your suggestion.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by G Benaim View Post
    That’s horrible, and they didn’t offer to compensate you in any way? I was just debating whether to buy the last of their 717, now I just have to pass given what you’re describing. Have you tried contacting Mirko through their apug email, that might help. I feel for you, that’s some expensive film.
    They have reached out to me via Photrio. I will see what they have to offer to resolve.

Let us know how it all works out, I buy from them all the time and have never had a problem so curious how they handle things like this.

Quote Originally Posted by G Benaim View Post
    Let us know how it all works out, I buy from them all the time and have never had a problem so curious how they handle things like this.
    They offered a refund for the problematic pack. The other packs I got from them were actually okay. It's one pack, that I guess didn't pass QC.

Yes, please tell us your results

I was almost ready to send you a box of 14X17 X-Ray
    Tin Can

I've been following this over at Photrio, and I believe what Adox offered as compo is quite reasonable... but nothing will compensate for the agro, I guess. Now I need to find some 14x17 panchromatic that is reasonably priced...