Thread: Does anyone know of any Albumen, Carbon, Platinum Palladium printing services in NYC?

Does anyone know of any Albumen, Carbon, Platinum Palladium printing services in NYC?

I've acquired some 4x5 and 8x10 negatives from Ebay and am interested in experimenting with printing processes. I'm not as interested in performing the actual process itself but I would like to send them out to someone with much knowledge about producing albumen prints as well as carbon and platinum palladium prints. Please let me know below! Thanks!

Re: Does anyone know of any Albumen, Carbon, Platinum Palladium printing services in

Quote Originally Posted by Thinh__Le View Post
    I've acquired some 4x5 and 8x10 negatives from Ebay and am interested in experimenting with printing processes. I'm not as interested in performing the actual process itself but I would like to send them out to someone with much knowledge about producing albumen prints as well as carbon and platinum palladium prints. Please let me know below! Thanks!
    I would contact Penumbra in NYC-a great resource for all things in alternative process. I'll bet they can direct you towards help

Re: Does anyone know of any Albumen, Carbon, Platinum Palladium printing services in

You might try Hidden Light in Flagstaff. They have a YouTube channel you can check out before you contact them.

Some of these processes can be expensive, especially if paying someone else to do it. I've been playing around with the alternative processes myself and I started with Cyanotypes because of how cheap it is. Literally can start printing for under 20 bucks. The kit, watercolor paper from walmart, and the sun. I built a UV exposure unit just for simplicity, not needed. Water and hydrogen peroxide are all the chemicals you need (don't even really need the peroxide).

This is enough to make 50+ 8x10 prints.

https://www.amazon.com/Jacquard-JCY1...rfy_rp_crs_0_i
    Last edited by pigpen; 16-Apr-2023 at 08:05.

Calvin Grier does custom Carbon prints. That's actually the only one I know of besides Art & Soul in Seattle which apparently is not accepting new work right now.