Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: trading beer and sandwhiches to build a darkroom

trading beer and sandwhiches to build a darkroom

Looks like you'll get further having people over to setup your own microbrewery and just relegating yourself to contact prints from a bare bulb in the bathroom..

I heard about that watery american beer. What you need is good old British Real Ale. Visit CAMRA to find out why your american beer is so gassy...

Of course there is a downside to a nice pint of British Real Ale. Because it is probably still fermenting when you drink it, you may notice a few side effects, not least the following morning.

However any beer festival in the UK is worth a visit just to discover the names the brewers are using to entice you to sample their tipple. "Dogs Bollocks", "Owd Rodger" and "Cripple Cock(cider)" just to mention some old favourites.

Most of these beers will put hair on your chest so don't let your wife near them...

Here in Pittsburgh, many years ago, on a comparable occasion we served Iron City (the real stuff, before Lite had been thought of).

These days, for the faint of heart, Rolling Rock of mysterious "33" fame (out of Latrobe, Penna., est'd 1893); for regular beer drinkers, Yuengling lager (out of Pottsville, Penna., est'd 1829, America's oldest continuously functioning brewery I believe)--I'm drinking one now.

For a real special (and more ecumenical) occasion (like a show in my home gallery), I might get nostalgic and spring for a case of Anchor Steam (out of San Francicso, Calif., est'd 1896).