I posted a little while ago about lens boards, now I'm on the negative carrier and lamp options for this new to me 138 S

Here is what I have:
Fully functioning enlarger, currently set up with what appears to be a 1,000 watt halogen bulb (also came with 2 more never opened bulbs) including cooling fan
Enlarger and fan connected to a timer
Nega 138 carrier, complete but no format masks
Lenses for 35 mm to 5x7 (need to find/make a tube to fit the 50mm for 35mm negs)
Thorn Opal 500 w bulbs, one used, one apparently new
Condensers:
two 85's and 85T
130 and 130T
two 240's and 240T

Right now I use a D-2 and 75% of what I do is 4x5, 20% 6x6, very little 35 mm. Someday might consider enlarging 5x7, have the capability to shoot it but only contact print generally

If I retool my darkroom for this beast it would be hard to fit another one for 35mm and/or medium format

So my questions: are the Lapfe masks the way to go? I see 3d printed ones on ebay, I think I can get the one for 6x6 and 4x5 for around $150 - 35mm much harder to find
Upgrading to 8x10 led head is also intriguing, would that route allow all the formats using the same negative masking?
Would like to hear any suggestions or comments on how you use yours

FWIW I also have 'inherited' a Saunders LPL 4550 XLG with a VCCE K&IF module, haven't printed with a diffusion enlarger in a very long time