Recently on assignment, I cracked under pressure and dumped all my spent DDS into the same bag.
I knew it was the wrong thing to do especially as my DDS filing system broke down when I ran out of labelling tape. So DDS's labelled Velvia 50 contained anything but Velvia 50 in the second and third reloads. Just so desperate to get shooting finished and get out of there. Now I'm out, I'm trying to make sense of the mess I created.

As far as I remember, I was using the following film:

1. Velvia 50
2. Astia 100F
3. Provia 100F
4. Kodak 160 C41
5. Ilford FP4+
6. Ilford HP5+
7. Adox 25
8. Maco 820IR
9. Fuji Acros
10. Agfa APX100

Also shot Polaroid type 55s and Quickloads - no problem with identifying these of course.

Can anyone help me identify the notches on the above film? I used up all the film in the boxes so would have to buy more to feel each film!

In one box of exposed film, I can feel sheets with a notch code like this: triangular notch-space-triangular notch. The space is at least 2 cm apart. Any idea which film this might be?

1. Velvia 50: Single half-moon (smooth) notch
2. Astia 100F: Similar?
3. Provia 100F: Similar?
7. Triangular notch
8. Triangular notch, thinner base?
9. Easily identified as rounded semi-moon notch-space-serrated edge-semi-moon notch.
10. Can't remember

Does anyone think an illustrated web page on notch identification for 5x4"would be a good idea? I had a reference system a year or two ago but haven't tried to shoot so many varied emulsions in one go. Next time it'll be different....