Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CPP3 Issues

CPP3 Issues

I have a CPP3 Jobo unit that is not working properly right now. the control panel is not operating and I am told by Cat Labs who sold it to me that its probably the fuse. Problem in this unit some genius in the factory decided to put the fuses in the guts of the motor unit and taking it apart is not a user friendly issue. I am being told a new motor is going to cost me $3000 to replace which is 2/3 the cost of the machine when I bought it. I believe my unit is the first unit sold in North America. It has low mileage and I feel shipping to Europe will not only be very expensive but also time consuming.
    So my question is does anyone here know where I can have a piece of equipment like this looked at and serviced?
    best
    Bob Carnie

Re: CPP3 Issues

Maybe you could suggest to whomever fixes your Jobo that they rewire/relocate that fuse to someplace easy to reach? Should be fairly simple to do this - so long as it could be protected from moisture.

I’d take it apart myself before spending thousands on repair and shipping and hassles. It can’t be that hard. I’d just snap lots of phone pictures to facilitate re-assembly and assuming it is a fuse or something else replaceable perhaps Omer can guide you.

"Fuses" inside motors are thermo cut out fuses. They are specifically designed to open circuit if the motor is over heated due to over loading or other similar fault condition. Once these thermo fuses open circuit, they do not reset and must be replaced after the motor has been properly and carefully inspected for possible damage to the windings and related. Thermo fuses look like this:
    https://www.digikey.com/en/products/...hoCaVAQAvD_BwE

Good quality motors tend to be very reliable/durable. Most common problem with motors are wore out bearings, second winding failures due to over loading / over heating.

If the motor needs replacement, it is very possible the motor is an industry motor unless Jobo had a special built for them. Even so, an industry standard replacement can be made to work.

Bernice

Quote Originally Posted by bob carnie View Post
    Problem in this unit some genius in the factory decided to put the fuses in the guts of the motor unit and taking it apart is not a user friendly issue. I am being told a new motor is going to cost me $3000 to replace which is 2/3 the cost of the machine when I bought it.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael R View Post
    I’d take it apart myself before spending thousands on repair and shipping and hassles. It can’t be that hard. I’d just snap lots of phone pictures to facilitate re-assembly and assuming it is a fuse or something else replaceable perhaps Omer can guide you.
    Tried , much more than what I can handle, I have no intentions of spending thousands .

Bob - this is tangential to your immediate problem of how to fix it, but what kinds of loads were you running on it? That is, what drums, with how much solution, how often? N = 1 doesn't prove anything, but there might be some insight to be gained here about what it takes to blow the fuse in the CPP3.

You tried resetting the safety switch?

I wonder if Schenk is still doing repairs ? if he is, I'd give him a call, but no idea f he's ever worked on Jobo processors.
    notch codes ? I only use one film...

Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    You tried resetting the safety switch?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Fred L View Post
    I wonder if Schenk is still doing repairs ? if he is, I'd give him a call, but no idea f he's ever worked on Jobo processors.
    Hi Fred - who is Schenk?