Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello, from Manitoba

Re: Hello, from Manitoba

thank for the info and the links.
    Is there anyway to identify from the packaging how much of those extras might be lurking inside?

Quote Originally Posted by himself View Post
    thank for the info and the links.
    Is there anyway to identify from the packaging how much of those extras might be lurking inside?
    Yes, the Industrex film packages will be labeled as Ready Pack, or Pb Contact Pack, or Lead Pack, Interleaved film will have (INT), and Non-Interleaved film will have (NIF).
    Carestream Industrex MX125, T200, AA400
    Carestream Industrex Manual Developer /Fixer, Stop Bath, Water wash and Photo-Flo 200

Quote Originally Posted by XrayShooter View Post
    Yes, the Industrex film packages will be labeled as Ready Pack, or Pb Contact Pack, or Lead Pack, Interleaved film will have (INT), and Non-Interleaved film will have (NIF).
    perfect, that's super helpful. thanks

noticed not many are using industrial xray film and even fewer using OEM (matched) chemistry.
    I got some developer and fixer for medical X-ray. I use the fixer for all my films, it is very fast (has thioureea). But with the developer, you never know what it contains, or at least not in which proportion. Technical sheets are usually not avaible, one can guess by looking at the hazard papers and know what it contains (my seems to be a metol-hidroquinone developer).

Industrial xray film is available in
    Pb Contact Pack and Lead Pack (ready to use sealed envelopes with lead intensifying screens).
    I thought the lead foil blocks the x-ray (to protect the person using the machinery?). So it works like a mirror, bouncing back the x-ray onto the film?

Quote Originally Posted by Eugen Mezei View Post
    I got some developer and fixer for medical X-ray. I use the fixer for all my films, it is very fast (has thioureea). But with the developer, you never know what it contains, or at least not in which proportion. Technical sheets are usually not avaible, one can guess by looking at the hazard papers and know what it contains (my seems to be a metol-hidroquinone developer).

I thought the lead foil blocks the x-ray (to protect the person using the machinery?). So it works like a mirror, bouncing back the x-ray onto the film?
    Ya, I am curious about what the developer I am using would be closest to. I should post the MSDS and see if anyone has any idea from that, maybe get some dilution recommendations to play with??

The lead reduces the exposure time. When the lead is exposed to xrays, it emits electrons that the film is sensitive to.

It also improves contrast and sharpness by reducing scatter.
    Carestream Industrex Manual Developer /Fixer, Stop Bath, Water wash and Photo-Flo 200

I buy the cheapest Xray film in bulk

No lead ever needed

You are buying excess packaging and POISONOUS LEAD

engine
    Tin Can

Yeah, a bullet can be poisoneus at high velocity.

Ya, I am curious about what the developer I am using would be closest to. I should post the MSDS and see if anyone has any idea from that, maybe get some dilution recommendations to play with??

The lead reduces the exposure time. When the lead is exposed to xrays, it emits electrons that the film is sensitive to.

It also improves contrast and sharpness by reducing scatter.
    i think you're mixing up lead shielding and phosphor intensifying screens.

I was paying Twenty Eight Bucks for a hundred 8x10 HRU, shipping by gross weight actual cost. Very reasonable. So I "loaded up the truck" five boxes of Green, and a hundred sheet box of Blue HRU, just to see the difference if any. Fuji dealer in Atlanta area. Enough to last a while. All of my Kodak 18x24cm seemed to be manufactured in France. Six boxes of hundred sheet will also last a while. To feed the big cameras. And the Aviphot 200 24cm same deal, I have a nice set of original Sinar Norma 18x24cm Holders which are serving me well. 18x24 negs look great printed on 8x10 paper with black border.
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    I buy the cheapest Xray film in bulk

No lead ever needed

You are buying excess packaging and POISONOUS LEAD

engine
    Yes absolutely. I was just noteing the purpose of the lead in industrial xray film packaging.

Anyone interested in trying industrial xray film should look for Non-interleaved or NIF in the description. Comes with no additional packaging. Avoid words like Pack, Envelope, Ready, Contact, Lead, Pb, Interleaved, or INT in the description. Out of this avoid list the Interleaved has the least additional packaging consisting of a single sheet of paper or a folded paper wrapper between each sheet of film.