Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: repairing grafmatics

repairing grafmatics

Wow; I can not believe that thing can sell for that much money. What a rip off. That's the problem is that everyone wished that they had bought them when they where selling them. I don't think it was a problem with them catching on. I think it was more of a problem of marketing them so we all knew they where selling them? Also I think fuji stopped producing them when everyone was reloading there own?
    Why would they cut there own throats on the quickloads? Otherwise You would think someone could buy the injection molds from fuji if they are not going to sell them anymore?

I have only bought one grafmatic off ebay and the body was so used that when you cycle the thing metal dust flacks get all over the film. That kind of turned me off from them so I switched to fuji quickloads.

When I was testing this film, before I bought the holder, mpex was selling acros sheet film for the same price as I could get packet film from Badger; including shipping. Badger usually has the quickloads for about $10 cheaper than most others.

The ready/quickloads are more expensive, but well worth the cost in aggravation in the long run.

repairing grafmatics

I fiond the Grafmatics great for portraits, especially with handheld work (see my website). Much faster than Readyloads. If they are working properly and clean they don't spread dust, and in fact, they hold your film very flat -- better than a Ready/Quickload.

I'd be interested in the Fuji version if I could actually see or try one. The mass and design of the Grafmatic makes it easy to "slam" a new sheet into position, wheras a lightweight one might not want to be used quite so quickly.

Probably Quick/Readyloads are the lightest and most convenient solution, I agree. But the Grafmatics have their place and I would welcome a modern, well designed option. Has anyone actually used the Fuji system and is it as "quick" as a Grafmatic?