Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jorge

Etobicoke (west Toronto), west of the mighty Humber...

Jorge

Would it be possible to Fedex a couple of dozen of Jorge's prints to Bob at the Elevator Gallery to be made available for purchase (all money to Jorge) for Apugers attending the conference in Toronto? The address is (I have no affiliation):

* Elevator Gallery

* 42 Industrial Avenue

* Toronto ON Canada

* M4G 1Y9

Richard K.
    When I was 16 I thought my father the stupidest man in the world; when I reached 21, I was astounded by how much he had learned in just 5 years!

-appropriated from Mark Twain

-Rob bigcameraworkshops.com Robert Skeoch's Avatar

Jorge

Hi Jorge,

That sounds like a great idea.... if it doesn't work out I would be happy to have a table of your prints at my vendors booth at APUG. I'll make the room. I'll be showing some prints of my own but the booth is mosly about displaying the LF cameras I sell.

Feel free to email me about this at.... skeoch@sympatico.ca

-Rob Skeoch

www.bigcameraworkshops.com

Jorge

Jorge has said that he will print the orders when he finishes with the Chemo. SO I do not think he has a couple dozen on hand. Jorge was planning on being in Toronto. Hope he can make it.

Jorge

Kirk,

Jorge's prints are some of the best pt/pd prints I have seen recently, and anyone who knows me knows that means a lot. I haven't seen the one you reference, but I have a couple of my own, and I just ordered another to help out. They are very fine prints. They are pt/pd prints though, so a die-hard silver person may need a little adjustment to appreciate them for their real merits.

I generallly don't buy art myself; I trade for it as you do. In this case, you can think of it as a karma trade so you can still hold onto the trading ideal to your art acquisition.

There are a few other photographers who are donating prints for Jorge as well. They can be found here:

http://www.apug.org/forums/showthread.php?t=27054

People may find other subject matter in there that they can select from as well.

---Michael

Jorge

I own two of Jorge's pt/pd prints, and I've seen a couple more in the APUG Traveling Portfolio, and I think he's doing fine work.

Jorge

Thanks for this information, unwelcome as it is. I've bought one of Jorge's prints through APUG and had no trouble with your link. As a cancer survivor (so far) myself I have some idea of what Jorge's going through and my prayers are with him. We've had a few differences of opinion but not many and in any event I've always admired him and his tenacity (not to mention his photographs). I think that tenacity will pull him through.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

Jorge

Jorge,

I bought the print. Use the money in good health. Don't worry about delivery. Take care of yourself first, however long that takes.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Jorge

Jorge,

I also ordered one of your prints. Don't worry about delivery until you are back up to speed.

Get well

Bill

Jorge

I am making my 7x17 PD prints available for purchase to benefit Jorge for a limited time.

Here is a link:

http://www.apug.org/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=1427

Not all of my images are availble in PD, but the one's that are will be availble at this price for a few weeks. This is special pricing for a good cause. Please email about a specific print.

www.mutmansky.com

---Michael

Jorge

FYI,

I believe and have said before in this forum that I think Jorge is producing an important collection of images from Colonial Period Mexican Architecture, and not just documents, but images. In scope and vision I think it is a significant body of work. More than once I have been asked to either write a history or curate a show of architectural photography. I have always declined because of other commitments, but if I ever got the opprortunity again when I had the time and resources to do it right, Jorge's work would surely be included. Where am I going with this? I think it is (for many reasons) a good time to buy his work.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"