Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jorge

Jorge

I would like to sell some images on APUG for Jorge as well, but I have not found a way to do it; can someone explain mr how it can be done?

Jorge

If you're an APUG subscriber, just list the images in the APUG classifieds. What most people are doing is suggesting that purchasers just send the money directly to Jorge by PayPal to avoid double PayPal fees, and send the invoice of the transaction to the seller of the print.

If you're not an APUG subscriber with access to the classifieds and aren't inclined to become one, then what I'd recommend is that you post your offer directly in this thread--

http://www.apug.org/forums/showthread.php?t=27054

You can link the image to your post as an inline image or upload it as an attachment (I think non-subscribers can upload attachments). (Normally, posting items for sale outside of the classifieds isn't permitted, but I don't think anyone will object in this case, and I'm one of the moderators).

Jorge

I gave up on arguing with Jorge years ago, and have come to appreciate his point of view.
    Get better Jorge!

Jorge

Yes, I have this image by Jorge (Ex Hacienda El rayo) hanging on my wall. I have several other images by Jorge's as well, all of them exquisite.

Get well soon, old friend! My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Jorge

Thank you all for your help, kind words and best wishes. I have been busy arranging everything so I can be away for the next 5 weeks getting chemo and radio therapy.

I have been battling bladder cancer for many years, but this one time it has come back with a vengeance. The choices I have are not very pleasant, either have my bladder removed or undergo a very aggressive round of chemo and radio therapy. I have chosen the latter hoping that it will put the cancer in remission and will spare my bladder. Keep your fingers crossed for me...

I have to thank all of you who have purchased a print in order to help me, Kirk I am flattered mine is the first piece of photographic art you buy. Brian, we have had our disagreements, but you know I always held you with the highest respect, thank you for your purchase.

Well guys, you all know I am not one for pretty words, so I am signing off for the next 5 weeks by telling you all not to get into any flame wars without me, I plan to be back with a vengeance to give you all hell....

Jorge

Hi There

I was just directed to this thread.

I am in the last frantic days getting this APUG Conference settled. I would love to take any prints that could be sold for Jorge, in fact he was the first person I contacted to be an instructor here in Toronto.
    We will take care of his prints and make sure they are prominently displayed. I will need these print by next Mon/Tues latest. May 1st or 2nd.
    If the work is coming in from the US or abroad to Canada , for ease of shipping put photographic samples and do not value them as customs will hit us with crazy fees.

best regards
    Bob Carnie
    42 Industrial St
    Toronto Ontario
    M4G 1Y9
    Canada
    1-416-406-3131** if you are sending prints give me a heads up by phone or bob@elevatordigital.ca

Re: Jorge

Jorge
    We have never crossed swords. I don't have the skill to take you on. I have always appreciated your willingness to take on anyone. Your knowledge is vast. I cannot afford a print but I would be happy to send a small sum of money to Jorge if anyone can tell me how to do this??
    My thoughts and prayers are with you. We would all miss you very much if we lost you.
    Sincerely,
    Jerry Cunningham
    ps. someone tell me where to send the money!!

Is anyone in contact with Jorge? What progress is he making? How is he etc? Please, if someone isin contact with him keep posting bulletins.

I'm not sure how closely Jorge is watching this forum at the moment, but I talked with him a few days ago. He is going through the treatments, and they are really tough, but it sounds like he is keeping his spirit up, and is determined to make it through for the better.

I don't have any more information than that, but I'm sure he'll pipe up if he sees the post.

---Michael

Thanks for asking and all the good wishes I have received privately. I am doing so so, the radiation has about destroyed my colon so it had to be stopped to give time to heal. So far, other than this chemo is not so bad and overall I am doing ok. I only wish I could go out and shoot some.....