Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Predictions come true.

Predictions come true.

As I predicted some months ago, Todd Heisler of the Denver Rocky Mountain News won his PULITZER, as announced today,....for feature photography, "The Final Salute".

To those that blew off my prediction.....what can I say!

Predictions come true.

"To those that blew off my prediction.....what can I say!"

More of us were with you then against.

Heisler did a marvelous job.

But go ahead and say it . . .. GRIN.

Predictions come true.

"The Final Salute" is as fine an example of photojournalism done well as I have ever seen; story-telling with pictures at a very high level. For those who have not seen this work, "The Final Salute" presentation can still be viewed at the Rocky Mountain News website. You won't regret the time it takes to view this work. The series of articles that accompany this work are also highly recommended; in fact, if you view only the photography you're missing half the story.

Predictions come true.

I should care about this why? If you could reliably give me next week's winning PowerBall number - I'd be a lot more impressed.

Predictions come true.

I wasn't one who blew off your prediction, but your need to come on hear and say "Na Na Na-See I told You So" strikes me as a bit petty and childish.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Predictions come true.

I just looked through his winning portfolio and the strength of it is amazing.

The only "I-told-you-so" we journalists are seeing here is how a tragic national/international event impacts a local community or a region. He produced a visually stunning--and direct--connection between what's happening on the other side of the world and one family in his community. We like to believe that's what it's all about.

Kirk, sorry to hear about your mother. Condolences.
    "I meant what I said, not what you heard"--Jflavell

Predictions come true.

No words of mine can appropriately express the disappointment I feel at the comments on this thread of Mr. Gittings and 'Steve'. Mr.Gittings assertion of some kind of
    'I told you so..' attitude by me is an assertion existing only in the mind of Mr. Gittings and is a complete misreading of my attitude and intention.

On the contrary, I have always believed that we in photography might all benefit from examining outstanding work by others in similar fields. Whether posters on this board are landscape photographers, still-life photographers or whatever.....we are all still capable of learning and growing (I HOPE) from examining the works of others.

Certainly the work of photographer Todd Heisler, RMN is stunning...in my view...and brings forth emotions not commonly found in other types of photography. I continue to assert that bringing this kind of emotion to photographic works is a worthy challenge and endeavor to each and all of us who pursue photographic excellence. Where is the wrong, or the harm in appreciating outstanding works of others? Do we not learn from this process, or are those critics so self centered and so personal agenda driven that they can not continue to learn and grow.

My, "what can I say", comment had nothing to do with my own ego, or attitude. It had everything to do with appreciating outstanding work of other brothers in this arena of visual communications we all profess to practice.

The, "I should care about this why?"...is like saying..'.Up the street the soldiers they're marching down!' What nonsense.

Show me anyone who is not moved by Final Salute...and I'll point to someone lacking in heart and soul....two essential, fundamental elements a photographer must have if he is ever to make great photographs, be they environmental landscapes put forth to further a position of wilderness conservation or to promote an agenda of social change.

Predictions come true.

As written your "what can I say" comment had nothing to do with "appreciating outstanding work", rather it had to do with "those who blew off [YOUR] prediction." People read your words not your mind. Thanks for clearing up your intensions.

Predictions come true.

Thanks John, she was my greatest support and I will miss her terribly.
    Kirk
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Predictions come true.

Tastes varie. To me the travelleres faces gazing at the scene express rather well the very futility of this war. So much time after the "victory", soldiers still dying there, no new goverment, no peace, no condemned dictator, no weapons of mass destruction, no free oil either and oil prices high as never before. What futility!