Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncolor Flash Pack Bonanza

Re: Broncolor Flash Pack Bonanza

Lordie, What you want wid all dem bells and whistles. Can't be bothered to walk round the front of yo camera?

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by dxp View Post
    Oh I learnt this the other day when having a little play with one of the C200 monos with the snoot attached. Had it set to full power with the mod lamp on—just for a few minutes—popped a shot, switched the mod light off, and then 30 seconds later went to remove the snoot...

Let's just say it was another 5 minutes or so before I tried again!
    Go to Harbor Freight and buy some welding gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal Paso View Post
    Lordie, What you want wid all dem bells and whistles. Can't be bothered to walk round the front of yo camera? LOL
    I've found that operating speed is important to me. Ever had perfect lighting change because you are slow up at the front of the camera? Not often for me. LOL
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Unkefer View Post
    I've found that operating speed is important to me. Ever had perfect lighting change because you are slow up at the front of the camera? Not often for me. LOL
    Yep! Often it's hard to even get out of the car in time in changing storm light. I have a 45 MP image stabilized Nikon for that, don't even need the tripod. I can be ruthless. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by MrFujicaman View Post
    Go to Harbor Freight and buy some welding gloves.
    Harbor Freight lacks the refinement necessary for fine European strobes, might work on my Normans though.

I love Harbor Freight! I just threw out my Electric Scroll Saw, and broke my small Band Saw too. Gave the band saw to a neighbor, who fixed it! I just replaced both saws with brand new ones, back in business. Consider their power stuff throw away, and expendable. Really like their cheap hand tools too. My Broncolor stuff will just have to get over it LOL

― Mark Twain

Homemade Barndoors FOBA Fresnel Spot 60W Appliance Bulb P70 Fine Grid by Nokton48, on Flickr

I bought this FOBA Incandescent Fresnel Spot from a vendor in Germany for 99 Euros, never used brand new. Wasn't sure what I'd do with it, but here it is now. Attached two Manfrotto 375 Clips with Gaffer Tape (for now), the barndoors are black mount board. Been buying P70 Grids from Dodds in Cleveland, this is the P70 FINE Grid, cut down with scroll saw to press fit in front of the fresnel. Relamped the unit, here it has a 60W 120 Clear Appliance Bulb in it for now, I have ordered 250W 120V Clear and Frosted Photo Bulbs on Amazon, which will get me going using this for digital. BTW the Barndoors are completely adjustable (more so than the Modern Flooter $500 ones) and are quite effective in scrimming off excess light away from the centrally illuminated Fresnel spot. I also plan to adjust my three Blue Universal 1600J Fresnel Spots in just this same way. I might use JB Weld to attach the 375 clips to the sides of the unit for good, after I trim them down a bit.
    Last edited by Daniel Unkefer; 6-Apr-2024 at 16:17.

― Mark Twain

JB Weld? Harbor Freight? You're going to have old Bron spinin in his grave. LOL

Here's an excellent discussion of Fresnel Strobe Lighting by Karl Taylor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObyTIdAUtpk

― Mark Twain

I had forgotten about the inverse shadow effect and why theater and movies love them. Now I'm going to have to get one. Thanks a bunch. lol

I was instructed in the pronunciation of fresnel by a dyed in the wool stage manager.