Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Photo Web Host - suggestions?

Photo Web Host - suggestions?

??? Rob, Marko is giving you straight advice.

Just use Lightbox. People get the websites they deserve.

Doug Dolde

Another option is www.fluidgalleries.com

Looks pretty sleek and sexy. The drawback is that many other people may use it so your's won't be that unique.

I am on my 4th redesign of my website. It's all done with Adobe GoLive and is my own design. (note the copyright

www.painted-with-light.com

I have looked at quite a few different photographers sites on the web and chosen a couple that i like the layout on. Next step, when I'm ready, is to email them as to who designed the site. Most people are pretty helpful with information.

As concerns DIY programs, you'll get confused with the different responses and the time it takes to shift thru the different ones. Some hosting companies give free software away to help, you might try that if getting a domain name, or you can try the simple formats thru your service provider to start with. Mac has their own limited time free site, and beyond that are others which give different formats, but with flexability issues. Dreamweaver is considered the software to use tho; Well along with Photoshop and maybe others in combination. If you desire to have full control in designing and maintaining the site, and have to time to do so, you can start at the bottom and try this n' that till you find what you like, or hand code everything, or get a top name program like Dreamweaver or Aperture to help. I've tried two or three and they work to varying degree's. I've a PC software program that's pretty decent and you can have it for free if you want to try it, just post me. The thought of getting someone to do it for you tho will allow you to concentrate on your expertise. I find that most people are just better at internet design then I.

I have been very happy with SiteWelder. It can be very straightforward or highly adaptable.

my site www.gittingsphoto.com

www.sitewelder.com/
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Thanks to all of you for your input - much to digest from what has been suggested.
    I appreciate it and look forward to getting my web site up over the next couple of months.
    Jack