Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Okay, this is getting ridiculous...

Re: Okay, this is getting ridiculous...

the point is to define "value" and its increase in time. I know that Burleigh Brooks must have acquired it somewhere in the sixties. Look at it like the "Mona Lisa" painting (Louvre, Paris) that disappeared some while ago and re-appaeared 40 years later again. The "Spaherogon" was ready to be launched on the market, it was not a "V" lens (Versuch, trial) anymore and as such a real and tested lens. But, it was too expensive and it was therefore decided not to have it launched into the sale program.

I still think that this lens was a bargain. I immediately got an offer for 10'000 Dollar, after the auction ended. I refused. And I know that I would be able to sell it at a much higher price at an Auction (not Ebay). I will not. Then, we could spculate about sales tax.

Won't the price be lower now, when you let it be mounted for the Contax?

no, the mount can be removed again. It is an improvised one, anyway. No danger.
    The lens has a large diameter and covers the viewer window on the front side, so I wonder whether the Zeiss engineers planned to offer an extra viewer for this lens.

Very probably yes, as it is with the modern wide angles too. The same problem since...