Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best INSURED international shipping

Doug Dolde

Best INSURED international shipping

Don't count on FEDEX to honor their "insurance".

They regularly use the "insuffiicient packaging" excuse to avoid paying claims.

Read this powerstandards.com/FedExVerdict/

not an junior member Janko Belaj's Avatar

As a european buyer (I'm in Croatia), I have to say that all items I have purchased from people from USA, Canada, Australia and Europe have been delivered to me. And all in good condition. Fed-Ex was the fastest and the simplest one. Not the cheapest. The only item I didn't got was the last one I have bought on ebay - Kodak 8x10 rubber box and few hangers for 8x10 (I need them now, uh, really need them...). Item came to Zagreb via ordinary (cheapest) postal service from US after almost 4 or 5 months, and than surprise - custom taxes... (price of that set was some 60-70 dollars, I don't remember right now) 570 kuna... USD 950! horror. I haven't see the package so don;t know what the seller writed on, just the bill I refused to pay so item went back to USA. Delivered back in one week.

UPS is the WORST. FedEx is in the middle. DHL is super. They are trying to make inroads on UPS and FedEx, and they bust their ass on customer service. I was VERY surprised and pleased with DHL.

Richard

I have had nothing but great service from Fedex, UPS has been a little hassle but in the end they came through and paid me for ruined film they opened. The worst has been DHL, awful CS I would not touch them with a 10 foot pole. Which only comes to show, it is a crap shoot no matter who you use.... :-)

I live in Italy and I sold and bought many items (big wooden cameras, huge lenses, films and paper) via eBay and off all over the world (USA, England, Germany, France, Canada, China...)since 1998.
    I use for my shipping Italian Post EMS service in the past and now International package service, both traceable without any problem, I had also shipped to China with normal air mail not traceable with success and thrilling!.
    From outside Italy I received packages from many countries, see above, without any loss.
    From USA mostly shipped with USPS air mail with insurance.
    I had some problems with Italian Customs to calculate the import taxes on some items, but I solved 90% of them.
    There are some funny, bizarre and very complicated stories of shipment, mostly with China, but I never lost packages.
    Maybe I'm lucky!

Hi, here's a perspective from an Australian buyer/seller on eBay.

I don't deal with anyone with less than about 98% positive.

I've never had a problem with any US carrier except UPS. If given the choice I will avoid them. Plain vanilla postal service is much better in my experience.

Stewart

I live in Denmark and I have bought items from USA, Canada, Germany, U.K, Japan

and Hong Kong usualy without any problems.

The problems are normaly bad packet labeling and/or bad packaging.

I usualy avoid people with under 98 % positive feedback on E-bay.