Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: New discovery: Ansel Adams' urban landscapes of LA

New discovery: Ansel Adams' urban landscapes of LA

Richard your temper amuses me. But if you need to make a tempermental response to one of my posts please feel free to address me by name. The reason I asked you to please clarify is that you seldom here members of Stieglitz's elite group referred to as pictorialist. Now as far as whoever uses this term has never made a good photograph. Terms like "pictorialism" "moderism" "straight photography" was used by ever member of the f64 club. I'll let you be the judge of their work. Congratulations on all your merits and rewards. I'm sure they are all well deserved. I've even won a couple myself but that's not why I do it. But please. Rant on. I love your passion. P.S.... At least to a point

"Those photographers would be Bert Stern,
    Richard Avedon, Irving Penn and others..including the staffers at LIFE and
    the growing prestige of the shooters at National Geographic.

I'm not sure there is a forth group since television began to replace the
    influence of the printed still image, with the zoom lens on a TV
    camera....and the importance of the printed 'still' image lost market
    share, although still being important in today's world."

which is certainly where the context seems lacking?

Apparently little "great" photography has been made since the 60's and the dawn of television? How limited an myopic a view. Some would say the golden age of photography is only just beginning

Your own personal path through photography seems enormously detailed in certain areas, yet blind to others perhaps?
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

www.photo-muse.blogspot.com blog

Sorry Richard that should have read , "congratulations on all your merits and awards"

Robert. Apologies.. I was not ranting! I just got tired of being politically correct. Just forgot your name. No offense intended so don't take it that way.

Tim Atherton: "Apparently little 'great' photography has been made since the 60's"? GIMMIE A BREAK! Ever see Gordon Park's "Flavio", the story in LIFE which brought in so much money in donations that they finally flew the child to the USA for medical treatment?..and a TON of other good work. Tim: READ MORE. POST LESS! ( LIFE and LOOK aren't published anymore)

Sorry Boyz,... but I need a new Beer,... and I will leave you all with your tea-cups, while I exit this discussion, for photo assignment work that needs to be done tonight.

I leave you with the words of Sean Connery in the final scene of the movie "Hunt For Red October" where Connery looks over to the CIA analyst and says:

"A little revolution is good now and then...don't you think"? (:-)

"Apparently little 'great' photography has been made since the 60's"? GIMMIE A BREAK! Ever see Gordon Park's "Flavio", the story in LIFE which brought in so much money in donations that they finally flew the child to the USA for medical treatment?..and a TON of other good work. Tim: READ MORE. POST LESS! ( LIFE and LOOK aren't published anymore) "

Dear me Richard - of course I'm aware of Life and Look - but I rest my case - The Flavio story was 1961

"... to be afflicted with terminal nostalgia is the worst of conditions." :-)
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

www.photo-muse.blogspot.com blog