Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woohoo!

Woohoo!

I just received my first three LF lenses:
    Rodenstock Sironar-S 135mm (I know it's not 150... but I'm impatient )
    Fujinon 300mm compact
    Schneider Super-Symmar XL 80mm

And as if that weren't cool enough Badger even mounted all three of them on the lensboards that I ordered to go with them (even though I didnt' ask)! And they still shipped the whole deal the same day... I'm impressed

I can't wait for the weekend... and the cherry blossoms are starting to bloom. Of course, I'm still pretty daunted by the whole thing, but at least I'll be ready for the workshop next month

Eric Biggerstaff

Woohoo!

Way to go!

Enjoy, you have some wonderful equipment and I am sure you will put it to great use.
    Eric Biggerstaff

www.ericbiggerstaff.com

Woohoo!

Rakesh,

I have both the 135mm and the 150mm Apo Sironar-S. I prefer the 135mm focal length by far. Count your blessings!

Steve

Woohoo!

Rakesh,

Good luck, great fun and happy hunting.

Smile

Woohoo!

Great glass. I think you will have a better kit with the 135. If you add a 200 or 210 then your focal lengths will be spaced at roughly a 1.5 ratio.

Woohoo!

Have fun. Let that credit card cool off, you have great stuff that will last a lifetime.

Woohoo!

Hopefully you're lucky, and that 80 SSXL won't develop schneideritis

Woohoo!

Shneideritis -- that's a good one

It does mean that I was able to see an actual image on the ground glass for the first time last night, which was very pleasing to see.

So now I have to figure out how to use all of this stuff... for example, I have no idea as to how to attach the focussing cloth to the camera. I ended up getting Ebony's all-weather dealie because no one's had the BTZS one that Danny Burk recommended in stock for a long time, and I got tired of waiting and wondering, so I just gave up and snagged it.

And I also haven't figured out how to use the new Sekonic light meter that arrived earlier this week, so I'm going to have a nice, busy weekend figuring some of this stuff out

Woohoo!

As a recent purchaser of a Sekonic meter I suspect you'll find that the steepest part of the learning curve. I did. As for attaching the focussing cloth to the camera I guess most of us just use gravity! If you really must attach it a couple of clothes pegs would do the business – but if it's windy enough to blow away your f/cloth then it's probably too windy to take a photo: wind and LF cameras don't mix. Good luck.

Woohoo!

I guess I was just wondering how to anchor it because I initially just draped it over my head, and it kept falling off when I moved around

That lightmeter doesn't LOOK complicated (not a lot of controls)... until you turn it on.

That's ok though; learning this stuff is the whole point in going to a workshop specifically intended to teach this stuff