Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Woohoo!

Woohoo!

Get a couple of pieces of adhesive backed velcro and stick them to the camera and sew the mating pieces to the cloth.

Woohoo!

Velcro is the answer to practically everything! Depending on the camera- I put a strip on the top edge of the back of my Arca (the stuff with a sticky side) and the mate along the center of one edge of my focusing cloth, about two inches in. Works beautifully! Have a good time!

Woohoo!

Isn't this "WooHoo II?" Actually "Schneideritis " isn't a pun or joke, it's something that happens to Schneider lenses mostly.

Woohoo!

In that case, what is schneideritis? (It's new to me.)

You could indeed call this "Woohoo II," since I did the same thing when the camera arrived, but that was really just a prelude since I didn't have any lenses for it yet

Anyway... I was hoping to avoid sticking velcro stickies onto my Ebony camera, mainly because it's too pretty. I know I'm being silly, but it's brand new.

Woohoo!

Then, Rakesh, you'll surely be aghast when I show you that I've got a few touches of epoxy applied to my Ebony's titanium
    Visit www.dannyburk.com for fine photography galleries, drum scanning, instructional workshops and Photoshop tutorial, tips and more

Eric Biggerstaff

Woohoo!

Rakesh,

Doesn't the Ebony all weather cloth require an attachment on the front standard to be used correctly?

I am not for sure as I don't use this, but I seem to recall reading it was a requirement.
    Eric Biggerstaff

www.ericbiggerstaff.com

Woohoo!

That's sacrilege, putting smudges on your Ebony camera

Eric,
    I don't know, I was hoping for a bit of guidance on that subject here. I can do some hunting around and some trial and error, but not while I'm at work

Woohoo!

Get a bottle of rubber cement. Stick whatever you want, including velcro, on your shiny new Ebony. When you get tired of it, or decide it was a bad idea, pull it (velcro, whatever) off and just rub the dried rubber cement with your finger and it will ball up in little balls that are fun to play with, or put in the trash, or jam up a shutter, whatever you wish. But I have found the sticky velcro on myArca to work much like rubber cement. It can be rubbed off if you don't like it. Otherwise - get a 1/4 drill and put some holes in that sucker and bolt stuff on!

Woohoo!

The common problem with the SSXL80 is actually not Schneideritis (peeling of the black paint inside the lens) but an opaque film that forms on one of the inner elements.