Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hands up if you have anything with Sweden to do

Hands up if you have anything with Sweden to do

Hello Richard!

Please don't be reluctant at all. Better late than never and better big than small. :O)
    Please give me call at the studio if you are in the area, my wensite links are in the first entry of this thread.

Why not get together those of us in the Sthlm area soon!? Would be great to take a beer anytime.

Check out another great forum at www.mamutphoto.com. It is based in Brussels, a little closer for us living in Europe.
    Teddan

Wow! Sweden in the limelight! Du jamais vu! By the way Tedd, the beer is perhaps better in Brussels too... Sthlm? How about going up, up to the Nord to see again what you long for and never find to keep...

GPS
    I agree the beer down in Brussels would be better and there are plenty of bars here with just such buds.
    As far as the north I think Ole had some thoughts of a gathering in the northern most parts of Norway!
    Even better.

What is your connection to Sweden?
    Teddan

At least you gave my wife a chance to exercise her Swedish!

I lived in Uppsala for a year. Can I be an honorary Swede? No, wait, I don't like herring. Never mind. ;-) Still, Stockholm on a sunny day is one of the prettiest cities in the world.

Hi, I live just outside Stockholm. Doing mostly 4x5 but as well some medium format and only for my own amusement.

A gathering in August would be very nice.

/Mikael

My connection to Sweden? Right now about 2 hrs flight and the constant summer longing for the big North (Norden) besides other. Had about 10 complete summer vacations in Norway and got that mountains bug. I used to have my gps coordination in Stockholm before I moved elsewhere.

Hi Tedd, looks like more people coming in now.

Just to let you know I am not a professional photographer, but a very eager amateur who just happened to stumble on a sentence in a photobook talking about this "Large Format , where the negative is as large as a postcard, where the plane of focus can be adjusted, and where the focusing is done under a dark cloth, and the lenses are brilliant with a huge image circle and quality..." . I was amazed !!! I was actually looking for a high quality Digital camera but completely changed my mind and turned LF.

You can find some of my pictures on:

http://www.fotosidan.se/gallery/listpic.htm?authorID=50509

See you,

Patrik

All metric sizes to 24x30 Ole Tjugen's Avatar

"As far as the north I think Ole had some thoughts of a gathering in the northern most parts of Norway!"

That plan is maybe for next year - and Eirik Berger is the one who will arrange that. I'll "assist" if needed, the gathering last year clearly showed there is interest in these Scandinavian gatherings!

I exist, therefore I am

Hi from Gothenburg (sweden). A get together sounds like great fun. I'm an Art Director by trade and a hobby photographer by pleasure. I mainly shoot 4x5 but i'm open to temptation. I've done some pt/pd at a workshop in England and some at home. I really just know enough to be dangerous. I'd love to help you in any way I can but on a more dual blame/trial and horror basis.
    First half of august sounds fine with me. Looking foreward to more details.

Cheers