Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Rodenstock Weitwinkel Perigon Official Specs

Re: Rodenstock Weitwinkel Perigon Official Specs

That's not ebay.fr's auction site, that's their equivalent of Craigslist. Fixed price offerings, not auctions.

To contact the seller, click on Envoyer un e-mail Send an e-mail. Tell him you want to buy, try to start negotiating for a lower price, ... If you contact him, please give him my greetings.

sevy is the seller's screen name.

Been away for a couple of weeks and noticed this thread being awakend again.
    My experience with the 130 Perigon is that it barely covers stopped down all the way.
    I need to have it accurately centered and still there are dark corners.
    I first had an uncoated lens from 1945 and now have a lated coated, coverage is the same and it does not even come close to the 150SSXL
    I feel that the 120 f8 Nikon have better coverage than the Perigon.

Jan,

You are comparing apples to oranges.

The 130 perigon is a tiny lens that can easily be carried in an 8x10 field kit for occasional use when a wide lens is needed. I carry this lens with a 180mm F9 dagor and a 210mm F9 dagor for wide angle landscapes. These 3 lenses combined weigh less than a 150 SSXL.

My 130 covers 8x10 with a little movement (say 1" rise). Maybe my lens covers a little more than yours since I had SK Grimes add a f45 stop to the shutter . I also don't mind if the corners are a little soft since it draws your eye to the center of the image.

I wouldn't recommend the 130 perigon to someone who shoots architecture on 8x10. The 150 SSXL would be a better choice. However, I wouldn't be caught dead with the 150 because it weighs too damn much.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Pedersen View Post
    Been away for a couple of weeks and noticed this thread being awakend again.
    My experience with the 130 Perigon is that it barely covers stopped down all the way.
    I need to have it accurately centered and still there are dark corners.
    I first had an uncoated lens from 1945 and now have a lated coated, coverage is the same and it does not even come close to the 150SSXL
    I feel that the 120 f8 Nikon have better coverage than the Perigon.

Pete,
    Agree but Asher did in one of his post bring up the 150SSXL why i mentioned the two in comparison.
    I don't mind the dark corners from the Perigon either and like the lens for it's otherwise excelent performance and size.
    Just can't get the coverage others seems to get.

[QUOTE=Jan Pedersen;739620]Pete,
    Agree but Asher did in one of his post bring up the 150SSXL why i mentioned the two in comparison.
    I don't mind the dark corners from the Perigon either and like the lens for it's otherwise excelent performance and size.
    Just can't get the coverage others seems to get.[/QUOTE

Jan and Pete,

The weight of the 150 SSXL does not worry me. It's my own weight that scares me, LOL!

I was interested in the lens after Hugo Zhang got good results with it in the Tonopah workshop with Jm and Per. I must say that I look at scenes from a super wide angle perspective since I became so used to stitching scenes with my digital camera. What I don't like is the work stitching and dealing with moving branches and grasses.

I'm also keen to know about in any other lenses that can cover about 110 to 130 mm and have some ability to rise, tilt and swing a little. A lot to ask I know. A bit of darkening of the corners is what I can accept as it can be enjoyed or f need be corrected after scanning. Oh and coating would be a delight as I often shoot into the light.

Asher