I'm looking for a lab, hopefully in the greater Los Angeles area, that can output to FIBER based black and white from digital files using a Lambda or Lightjet. I have some work that needs this sort of output, and I would prefer to avoid shipping to/from outside the US if possible. I like 8x10 contact prints, however sometimes a little retouch might be nice, as would at least a much larger print adjusted to generally my taste. I don't have an 8x10 enlarger or a lab that has one capable of enlarging past 16x20 or so. I'm in the Pasadena, California area. When I look at a color Lightjet even under a loupe, the quality is acceptable to me for big enlargements.

There are many places online that offer output to RC based B&W media, and one that does CRT B&W enlargements. I'm not interested in those options at the moment. It just doesn't seem like Ilford hit the mark from a customer standpoint to offer an RC based product, however I sure can understand why labs would want RC. I'm also not interested in inkjets, either. Also, I'm not knocking inkjets and RC papers, those discussions have plenty of contributions.

In some cases, some labs might be able to do the exposures, however their workflow makes it unreasonable to also develop the exposed paper. As a last ditch measure, I wouldn't mind if somebody had a calibrated exposure method and then just have them expose it and return it ready for me to process, perhaps in a sealed black tube. I don't mind the processing, however I don't mind having it done for me either.

If anyone knows of some labs that actually do fibre based digital output using any of the laser or led printers, I'd like to know. If you've tried it already, I'd like to know how you liked the results.

Any ideas?