Thread: Looking for source for Graflex Speed Graphic parts - specifically a focus screenpanel

Looking for source for Graflex Speed Graphic parts - specifically a focus screenpanel

Sorry to make such a post, but I have no idea where to ask.

I had to replace my Speed Graphic Graflok back with a 20th Century Camera replacement due to white rust corrosion, and in addition to this, I now need/want to replace the Graflex Focus Panel that clips in and out of the Graflok back, as it is also riddled with this corrosion.

I believe it is a Graflok 9281 focus panel. But I do not know where to source one.

Alternatively, any tried and tested methods or techniques others have used to clean, remove and restore Graflex parts affected by white rust corrosion I would be very grateful to hear of these as well.

Many thanks

Re: Looking for source for Graflex Speed Graphic parts - specifically a focus screenp

my speed graphic was owned by somebody who lived by the ocean, so i can empathize. a stiff bristled toothbrush, one of those green rectangular plastic pot scrubbers and plain water will work. no alcohol, no vinegar, no metal brushes or scrubbers. a little liquid dish detergent is fine if it's got other grime on it too and you rinse the residual detergent off well. one of those paint touch up markers would probably be the easiest way to seal the corroded areas after it's thoroughly dried.