Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I just screwed up and fell off the wagon

I just screwed up and fell off the wagon

unbeknownst to She Who Must be Obeyed I have another camera coming. 8x10 2d. Maybe she won't notice because it will look just like my 5x7 2d. Get me a couple of film holders and I am on my way. Anyone have a dog house I can sleep in?

Contrary to some popular beliefs, women do notice when it's bigger - the camera, that is. My suggestion, Mark, would be to quickly come up with a correspondingly extravagant trinket for SWMBO. One of the 3 Ms come to mind - a mink, a Mercedes, or a marble-sized diamond . ;-)

Oh man, I thought you went digital or something. That's no problem. They all look the same you know. Every guy must keep a slush fund.

I can personally relate to your inability to resist having just one more... Perhaps we need to form a group for equipment addicts...

My name is Dave, and I am a cameraholic.

Just tell her that you did it so you would have His and Hers models. After all, they're the same camera only one is smaller.

BTW: I have both sizes of 2D in my collection as well, and both are excellent users. Since I recently acquired a Toyo 810M, I was going to put the 8x10 2D on the auction block. And MY absolute mistress who owns the keys to the collar insisted that I NOT sell it because it was the prettier one of the two.
    Michael W. Graves
    Michael's Pub

If it ain't broke....don't fix it!

I am free of the camera-aholic phase, after a few years, and am now in the lensaholic phase. I have a Dagor 480, and ordered a second one! I was pretty relieved when the deal fell through due to some lens separation issues. Whew!

There is always room at the Chateau Bow wow.
    Dad, why is the lens cap on?

My wife would rather have me spend money on cameras than tobacco , booze, other women so I generally get a blank check. I got permisson for a digital SLR last month. For reasons below, the urge passed in a week or so.

After a while, you get so you don`t want any more cause there`s no place to put it, can`t carry but a fraction of what you have, or more stuff won`t improve your work.

To those who are not so fortunate, you can always claim it is borrowed or you will sell something to pay for it. Of course selling a treasure usually does not happen, but it will work a few times. Or just serve your time in the small house with Rover.

Ha!! Well not that I'm in the same boat or anything, but let's just say that on the the day my new Wehman 8x10 arrives, I'm praying that I'm out gardening in front of the house so I can intercept the box from the UPS guy and sprint directly for the back door of the studio...

~cj

www.chrisjordan.com

"Maybe she won't notice because it will look just like my 5x7 2d."

That should work. I convinced my wife that my new 2D was really my old Deardorff.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.