Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Inspiration

Abuser of God's Sunlight

Inspiration

"Many composers have a fondness for their early quartets, whatever they may have later achieved with symphonic resources"

has this picture been leading you to anything else? even just other quartets? i like the image, and while i agree with some of the suggestions that it isn't a self-contained magnum opus, my sense is that this is not due to any shortcomings of the picture but rather to its wanting to be part of a larger body of work that has room to explore something.

sorry if that's a run on sentence.

anyone telling you that a blur is a flaw or that the word 'gesture' is pretentious needs to get out of the house more.

Inspiration

Loved the Telemark tale, veldig flott!

The tangle of branches passed my by at first, probably because on screen it is too small and not high enough res. The nteh discussion of low depth of field made me look at it again. I'm sure it would work better in B+W but the idea of one amongst many similar is nice. I suppose what inspires me is to create photographs that have a story they do not tell but leave for the observer to ponder.

Just had the BBC put one of my pictures up sideways on their Scotland Picture Perfect section.. Bah! Not LF so I shouldn't really mention it but a cheap 2MP digital (Canon A60) instead.

..d

Inspiration

David, I think it almost looks better that way round :-)

Paul, I would be very happy with a coherent cycle of quartets. It didn't do Bartok's reputation any harm. Or Eliot's. It's just that I envy those who do easily that which I find difficult, and I would love to be able to play the sort of syncopated visual rhythms that Friedlander in particular handles with such great proficiency. We'll see.

I end with another tribute. A raid on the inarticulate that brought back much booty.

Cubist Close Packing

Inspiration

I'm guessing that's RRRSF (Really really really small format)?
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

www.photo-muse.blogspot.com blog

Inspiration

URSF.

Digital too.

QT's going to run out of slack on this one....

Inspiration

I'm into the modern . . . Kronos Quartet.

They are to music as Jackson Pollock is to . . ..

"Beat me with your rhythm stick, das ist gut . . .."

Grin

Inspiration

Aw, I really liked what jj wrote.

You are going to be up day and night killing his benign posts.

Gregor the Roach