Thread: 545 pro

545 pro

Just got two new sheet film holders....a 545 pro, and a fuji quickload holder... The fuji came in a nice little box, but the 545 pro is without. I was wondering what people are using to transport their 545's... I looked into lens wraps, but couldn't find one big enough...

545 pro

Lightware has a couple of options for a 545 holder that should work with the Pro version here

545 pro

I use bubble wrap

545 pro

Sara,

Just stop in at one of those fabric shops that cater to outdoor living... ie, tents, etc.

Get them to cut up a square piece of light nylon material, fold the edges over and sew together. Add a couple of pieces of velcro and you're done!

Cost = under $10.00 [Sometimes, they'll have left over pieces from other jobs and they'll either give it to you or charge you a very minimal amount.]

Not much padding I'm afraid... but I cover mine just to keep the dust off!

My 2 cents worth.

Cheers
    Life in the fast lane!

545 pro

If you would like a dust, dirt and waterproof box go to your local supermarket. There you will find plastic holders (Tupperware type) in various sizes. One is made for sandwich meat storage. Mine, Rubbermaid, is appx. 6x10 x 2 1/2" deep. I spend a lot of time on the beach. Sand and salt can get into almost anything. Not this.

Dave Karp

545 pro

I have a Calumet wrap that is big enough to hold an old 545 holder.

Eric Biggerstaff

545 pro

Check out Gnass Gear ( www.gnassgear.com). They make a nice holder and might be just what you are looking for.
    Eric Biggerstaff

www.ericbiggerstaff.com

545 pro

Thanks guys for all your input...came across a great holder (rapid load file 3 pouch) at Gnass Gear, thanks eric for that link...
    Happy shooting, sara

545 pro

I just purchased a Gnass three file pouch and I love it. It sure beats the old way I did things (having all my stuff laying all over the ground).