Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Polaroid 8x10 Pos/Neg T 805

Polaroid 8x10 Pos/Neg T 805

Hey Morgan,
    I haven't bought 809 in awhile, I had looked at B+H and saw $174.95 for 809.....if it's going for $225 or there abouts you were probably right about $250 after all. We'll just have to see how far we can go with this...Iwas just trying to keep on message....you know how far off track posts can go! Best, Tracy
    Tracy Storer
    Mammoth Camera Company tm
    www.mammothcamera.com

I was just speaking with someone in the Polaroid Creative department yesterday about Type 55, as I use it extensively. When speaking about T55 she sighed and her exact words were that she "just wished that there were more of us using it".

Doesn't give me a lot of hope, but I'd absolutely buy some if it were available.

Honestly, isn't this a pipe dream? Polaroid has had this product developed for years. I saw an 8x10 Polaroid negative at the Polaroid booth at PhotoPlus Expo a couple of years ago. And I spoke at length with the Polaroid product manager there. He said that the company had toyed with the idea of putting it into production, but never thought it could recoup its costs if it did.

That was two years ago. Polaroid has since gone through a major restructuring. The fellow I spoke with, who was the product's in-house cheerleader, was laid off as part of the restructuring. Their product line is shrinking, including the end of the Type 665 line. Film sales generally are spiraling downward at a faster clip than anyone imagined. The new Polaroid is selling TV sets.

Gosh, I wish Polaroid would surprise us all and come out with a product like this. But I fear it is more likely that Kodak will end production of TXP in 4x5 and 5x7, before Polaroid ever brings a new P/N film of any size to market. :-(

Sanders McNew (www.mcnew.net)