How to price a job? I have done very few "for hire" photo gigs and some of those were contribution in kind for charitable organizations. I have been asked by a colleague if I would be interested in photographing a products his company makes. This particular item is a prototype for a DOD contract and they would like some good photos before shipping the product. The item is a 17 foot tall cylinder that resembles the nose cone of a missile that folds open. They have tried photographing it themselves and gotten miserable results with on-camera flash. They talked to a few pros in the ares who do mostly wedding and portrait work and most of them turned down the job since they didn't have the lighting or a view camera and new they wouldn't produce satisfactory results. The job will require 4 to 6 lights and possibly a fill or two on the interior surfaces. I think a view camera will be the only way to achieve results that don't suffer from converging lines. The space around the object is limited, moving it to a larger warehouse or something isn't feasible. I'm pretty sure I can produce the results but it may take a little more experimenting. I've got all the equipment I will need. The job will have to be done on site. What sort of a price do propose? Fixed fee for the job? Minimal payment just to try and then charge extra for any shots they choose to use? I'm open to suggestions.