Page 117 of 129 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1283

Thread: Digital IR

Re: Digital IR

Ha, a couple of round pegs in a square hole. I'm liking those.

Thanks, Tuco!

“You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Nice shot of the Berghoff I loved going there until they shut down...

2 years later back in biz, no Union

The bar had no chairs, eat expensive GOOD lunch standing up

No women at bar, they were first allowed at tables 1969

Post prohibition got License #1

Chicago private clubs never shutdown

I loved the place, but have not been back since they broke the Union

for my record I was never in a Union

Quote Originally Posted by Peter De Smidt View Post

Tin Can

_DSC5426_DxO by gungyduo, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by viablex1 View Post
    _DSC5426_DxO by gungyduo, on Flickr
    Very nice image! Where is this located?

Yaquina Head Lighthouse in Oregon and thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by viablex1 View Post
    Yaquina Head Lighthouse in Oregon and thanks!!
    Terrific photo!
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”

The other day, I was out photographing with my camera on a strap. I like this one: https://luma-labs.com/pages/qd-loop-3-5 Hudson Henry has a discount code for 10% off. Note: for this strap your L-bracket or plate has to have a QD socket. My Kirk L-bracket does. Anyway, my 82mm filter fell off while I was walking around. Luckily it wasn't a very expensive one. So I needed a replacement. I've settled on an 82mm Kase Wolverine Magnetic filter. You thread a magnetic adapter on the front of the lens, and now filters and lens caps magnetically snap right on. I don't like threading big filters on and off in the field. My camera is full spectrum, and so I need to swap out IR and IR/UV blocking filters when I change from IR to color photos. Luckily, Kase makes a 720nm filter, and Haida makes the IR/UV block. I wish the filters were 95mm, but those aren't available in magnetic filters that I know of. Anyway, I'll report back after I use the filters in the field.

Note on full spectrum camera: the colors aren't completely normal, and you get color shifts on the edges with really wide lenses. The later are fairly easy to fix with gradient local adjustments in raw processing. Since I'm not really a color photographer, that's ok with me, but it's good to know about.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter De Smidt View Post

Note on full spectrum camera: the colors aren't completely normal, and you get color shifts on the edges with really wide lenses. The later are fairly easy to fix with gradient local adjustments in raw processing. Since I'm not really a color photographer, that's ok with me, but it's good to know about.
    Thanks for finding the Haida filters for the UV/IR cut filter. The prices are very reasonable. But, it may be an indication of the quality, and a reason of the color shift on the edges. LifePixel charges $130.00 for a 77mm version of this filter. Haida charges $70.00. From the feedback on the LifePixel site, there are no complaints about this problem.

From their specs:

When combined with a wide-angle lens, lower-frequency wavelengths of visible light associated with yellow, orange, and red colors passing through the filter and along that lens type's curved edges can be impeded in a significantly greater degree than higher-frequency wavelengths of visible light associated with blue and violet colors. This can result in an unwanted green cast within an image taken with a Haida NanoPro MC UV/IR Cut Filter and a wide-angle lens. To avoid such color shifts using this filter, it is recommended not to be used with lenses that are intended to provide an angle of view greater than 60°.

Jon, It's possible that the filter is the problem. On the other hand, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Haida made filters for other brands., such as Kolari and Lifepixel. I seem to remember Kolari telling me that there would be color shifts with lenses wider than about 24mm, but I can't seem to find that source.