Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: new Fotoman cameras... emerging from the vapor?

new Fotoman cameras... emerging from the vapor?

Promise me the bellows will be available and I will definitely buy one of your 4 x 5 cameras. May God bless your efforts. Looks like a superb unit.

Paul, with the bellows adapter, will it be possible to use longer lenses - up to 210mm? How about a Calumet 6x12 or 6x9 roll film holder - will they fit?

It looks very similar to the Graflex XL Hybrid Ultra Wide at bigcamera.com

When I looked at the image of the 4x5 camera, it seems that the back has a slot where you insert a holder. Is this correct? If so it would not allow a standard rollfilm holder. Also, is there a ground glass with the camera?

Scott, thanks for your wishes and yes... we promise. gps, ultimately there will be two bellows units for each camera model... a short bellows unit for WA lenses (say up to 110mm on 4x5) and a long bellows unit for Long lenses. How long? We won't really know until we get into prototyping, but at least 210mm on 4x5. The short bellows units will be introduced first with the long units following. Using our Cones and HFM the camera will accomidate lenses from 47-180mm as well as telephoto designs from 250-300mm. Dan, I was hoping you would have said Technar or Handy. Wayne, the 45PS camera accepts standard, quickload, readyload and Polaroid film holders, and a body extension spacer will be avialable for you Grafmatic users. However the camera does NOT have a Graflok back, as the camera is too small to accomidate one... you can't use any Graflok style backs or accessories. An insertible Ground Glass Holder is included... it's the exact shape and size as a standard sheet film holder. A darkslide is incorporated on the back of the camera for GG viewing. A couple if other tidbits... there are 1/4" and 3/8" interchangeable tripod sockets on the bottom and left side of the camera. The right handle is removeable, and a pistol grip will also be offered.

Thanks for your replies, Oren, Paul and Jerry.

This whole series of cameras are an exciting addition to our choices at a time when so many are touting the death of film :-)

That's all very well, but do they have a "Call Spock" button?

Paul, the bellows on a 612 or 617 is what gets my blood boiling. To me the only movement that matters is rise -- the more the better!

I'm pondering what lenses I would use. I'm curious about what others use; do you have any ballpark figures or general idea about sales of the various cone sizes? Am I right in guessing that folks stick with the wider lenses? The two pano cameras I already own (Widelux, Veriwide) I feel both are too wide, so I'm thinking around 150 on the 612 would suit me.

Thanks for all the info, by the way.

No, not all folks goes for the wider lenses. I'm looking for the longer lenses, those that go behind CamboWide, Silvestri, Alpha etc. range of lenses.

CXC... rest assured that rise will receive more consideration than any other movement. As far as lens selction goes... wider lenses are the most popular initial purchase. Users who add lenses usually add longer ones. The most popular wide lenses... for 612 a tie between 58 and 65, for 617 the 90mm. For longer lenses... for 612 a tie between 135 and 150, for 617 also a tie between 150 and 180.