Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Color Film Sources - Early Spring Coming!

Color Film Sources - Early Spring Coming!

"Did B&H stop stocking 8x10 Velvia?"

Yes, along with Astia 8x10
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

www.photo-muse.blogspot.com blog

What rob said.

Is there an English-language webstore in Japan from which to order Japan-only emulsions? Sure, it would be way expensive, between the yen and delivery, but someday soon such a choice might become relatively viable...

Beverly Hills, California

I see out of date 8x10 transparency film in Samy's Fairfax location ALL THE TIME at significant savings.

How much is signifcant for out of date film? For example, 10 box of 8x10?

Andre - I never see out of date Velvia 100 (P) not F. Given that these films are expensive, Samy's and others are cutting losses on out of date films. They said they don't make very much on them, and to have to discount out of date by half is a hard knock. They just don't get enough people wanting the stuff to stock it without the out of date situation according to Cynthia, who manages the Pasadena film department. A box of 50 at half off, expiring this month, refridgerated at a camera store would be a great deal. Let's hope that at least one dealer can consolidate enough sales to stock at least a little bit for us.

Update 1/24/2006
    I just got off the phone with Cynthia at Samy's Pasadena. The status on Velvia 100 8x10 is that Fuji will make it when the order is large enough. I have just commited to doubling my order, and may do a little more than that. We'll need even more people so that the order is large enough for Fuji to manufacture it, and that takes about 3 months.

To avoid complication, I have invited Cynthia to post here with information about how to join this order for spring. If we get enough people together in the next week or two, we'll have this nice film for spring. I doubt that this emulsion will be around in the bargain bin. If any of the rest of you can buy, that helps me because I can't afford to buy so many boxes at one time.

I just returned from Calumet in Los Angeles and purchased three boxes of Velvia 50. I got the last box that wasn't expired yet(05-2006) with a slight discount, and I purchased two boxes of expired film with a date of 11-2005. They sold me these expired boxes at $300.00. Two are going in the freezer and I'm cracking open one of the expired boxes this weekend!!!!!

As it stands now, they still have two more boxes of Velvia 50 8x10 with an expiration date of 11-2005. These have been kept in cold storage the entire time. So if anyone wants them...go grab them.

Furthermore, the sales clerk told me that Velvia 50 is being discontinued in all sizes because of the new Velvia 100. At the moment, she says that there is no plans of Velvia 100 being made available for 8x10. However, I feel that if we all put in the request to not only our retalers, but also Fuji directly, that perhaps Fuji will see the demand and decide to offer Velvia 100 in 8x10. We can only try.
    Mike Boden

www.mikeboden.com
    Instagram: @mikebodenphoto

Hi - Cynthia from Samy's Pasadena here -
    Not trying to go against normal forum protocol and sell stuff here, but trying to help out since
    8x10 film is getting harder to come by. So please bear with me while I contribute - I don't mean this to be a bald-faced plug for Samy's.
    Here's the scoop on 8x10 chrome straight from our Fuji rep as of today: Fuji will manufacture (and we will stock) Provia (RDP) on a regular basis, although our stock levels will be small since
    sales of this format are pretty low. This will be available on my regular stocking basis, and I order Fuji every week or two; assuming Fuji US has it in stock (which they usually do) I can get it
    if I'm out within a week or so.
    As for Velvia: the 100 is replacing the 50, as you all know. However, Fuji Japan will not produce a run of this film without a large order (minimum 100 boxes). Once an order is placed the production begins, and delivery is expected in about 90 days. Sooooo . . . if you all want 8x10 Velvia 100 I'll be happy to order it, but we need to all get together to make it happen. I currently have commitments from two list members for 15 boxes - that means I need commitment for 85 more. I'd like to see this happen in the next week or so, so that the film arrives in time for spring flower season (March or April?); in other words, ASAP. If we can get all our ducks in a row, the price will be $99.99 per box; I'll need a 70% deposit paid in advance. If the order does not go
    through (due to lack of full commitment) then the deposit is refundable. However, once we hit the number and Fuji starts production the deposits will become non-refundable.
    If you would like to piggy-back on this order please call me at 626.796.3300 Monday through Friday. I'd like to suggest a deadline of January 30, just so we don't have to wait forever.

I wonder if someone who is a bit more of a regular there than me might post this on the APUG Colour or LF forums?
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

www.photo-muse.blogspot.com blog