Thread: Minolta Spot Meter M

Minolta Spot Meter M

I want a spot meter but don't want to spend too much. Can anyone tell me about the Minolta Spot Meter M? What else would you consider for under $250.00?

Minolta Spot Meter M

Hugh, given this news:

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0601/06011901konicaminoltaout.asp

and the fact that Pentax no longer makes their spotmeters, the field has narrowed substantially.

I would say only used spotmeter would be available at your price point, and given today's situation used units may be very much in demand.

Minolta Spot Meter M

Hugh,

Minolta is a great, light and accurate meter. It is a little brother to Minolta Spot F, the only difference being the latter having a flash metering capability.

You can get a Pentax analog for less than your budget. It is a nice meter, but sort of a monster in your hand comparing to the Minolta. Some find working with an analog display a bit easier than a digital one, but that's only a preference that makes no difference. You won't be able to apply a Zone System sticker to the Minolta, which you could on a Pentax and many other meters that are controlled by rings on meters lens. But if you can get the Minolta M that fits your buget, you'll be fine.
    Witold
    simplest solutions are usually the most difficult ...

Re: Minolta Spot Meter M

Hallo,

Ik heb een Minolta M spotmeter,alleen zat er geen handleiding bij,wie kan mij een Nederlandse handleiding bezorgen,uiteraard tegen betaling.

Groetjes,Ruud.

I would avoid the Pentax analog meters purely for age reasons. The newest one may be 25 years old now. Nothing works forever and I've had Pentax Analogs die on me.

The Spotmeter M is superb. Besides not having flash sync like the F it also takes a battery that isn't always on every shelf, (not the mercury one) and lacks an on - off switch. In use they are solid gold.

It may take some looking but you can easily get the Minolta F model for $250. It's also a model you can "calibrate" yourself against other meters. They're is a blue plastic screw under the battery cap that allows you to adjust it.

Guys, the OP's question is more than 3 years old by now... ;-)

GPS,Hallo,ik snap dat dit een beetje laat is,maar ik heb sinds enkele weken een Minolta M spotmeter,en ook sinds kort deze site ontdekt,dus ik hoop dat je hier begrip voor hebt,

Best Regards,

Ruud Imthorn.