Greetings guys,

I assume that this post will be more elementary in nature than those which preceeded it.

I shoot digitally as a hobby using the panasonic fz series with the economy-leica lens. I know: its no Canon Mark2 or anything. I like the pictures; and for that matter i like digital pictures (and i have looked at a great many online albums).

But in terms of image quality--not processing, convenience or any of that-- just plain picture quality, it seems to me, to my novice eye perhaps, that film has an edge. But to you gentlemen, i'm not really telling you this, but asking. And forgive me if i dont have the photo-lingo, but i'll try.

Is film creamier looking? is it richer than digital, like water colors vs oil paint? does it possess a quality that is inherently more vintage? is it by default, perhaps, a little more dramtic than digital? IS there a film mood as opposed to digital?

I own a music studio, and have generally experienced a love for tube and analog products, because regardless of time, they produce the warmth and mood i desire. Does this apply to film. Do people like film more because it produces a particular ambience?

As a novice note... after my sesrching i have found this to be true to my eye: Digital appears to be very precise but does not possess the character of film shots. They almost seem 'cold', to use studio terminology.

Are these observations a product of my inexperience?

thanks people