Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Flame Wars and Civility

Flame Wars and Civility

"Please do not confuse my accurate reflection of history ...."

This is not agreed upon by everyone/ There are different interpretations of what has gone on.

Can we look forward????

steve simmons

Flame Wars and Civility

Forward is the ONLY direction we can go!

I look forward to the future....

Flame Wars and Civility

As one who has at times borne the brunt of some very uncivil attacks here, I agree with Steve. We should remember that everyone here has their own opinions, everyone is entitled to their own opinions, and many usually are not shy about making those opinions known. There's nothing wrong with that. As long as it kept to an adult level (which often times it is not), there is no reason why everyone can't get their thoughts out there.

As to correcting wrong information, I welcome it. If something is said that is wrong (not opinion, but fact that is incorrect) it should be corrected. That's how we can learn here.

The problem comes in I think when we get too passionate about the subject. Many of us start to answer emotionally, rather than thinking our answers through and framing them in a civil manner.

It's a new year. We should make a resolution to make believe we're all new here and start from scratch. Forget what has happened and been said in the past and start off with a clean slate.