To my friends on this LF Forum...I come to you with a reccomendation to view some magnificent photographs, and photo story. I'm sure it was not a LF assignment, and more like digital 35mm, but so what. I shoot LF often, but I shoot all formats. The point to me is not the format but the power of the visual end product...the picture.

This work of Todd Heisler has "Pulitzer" written all over it. My dear friend Dallas Kinney, himself a Pulitzer winner (1970) agrees. My reccomendation is not about political views, so let's leave politics out of any discussion. This is only about the power of the visual image..a photograph.

Ironically one of the most powerful shots in the series, is being used as a background, is the most dramatic. It is the shot of the Marine Honor Guard, covering the casket with an American flag, in the lighted cargo bay of the AA 737, while passengers look out their windows at the unfolding scene.

I hope I have not offended by posting something other than LF, but my desire is to persue powerful visual images....not necessarily the format used to make them.

http://denver.rockymountainnews.com/news/finalSalute/flash/index.cfm

Happy New Year. Richard Boulware in Denver.