Hi, I have been suprised that there have been no answers to my question about Ca milis S. Fly. Does no one here have any interest in past photographers? I am an outdoor photographer, and concentrate on the Desert and "old west". I have a gre at sense of following the historical artists and photographers, particularly tho se of the early western period. This was one of the reasons I have gone into Lar ge Format. I can not help being amazed and thrilled at the difficulty these brav e, adventureus photographers went through. I am often suprised by this forum, wh en I read how many large format photographers use quickloads and dislike the tro uble of loading film. We need to remember that in the 1800's, photographers had to flow wet emultion onto 8x10 or even 24x18 inch plates, shoot and develop the plates w hile they were still wet, and all this while in the field!

I hope some of you can see your place in the history of photography, and the tra dition that we are part of. Again I would like to ask if any one has heard of Ca milus S. Fly, or other historical photographers that are interesting and have contributed to the historical past. Thanks,

Bill