Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Post trip blues

Post trip blues

the post trip blues are there tom give you an excuse to go back I went to Norway and shot a bucket full of negs came back could not see anything that i liked So i scaned one shot in and used it as a wallpaper you would not belive the number of people who have said how great it looks just no telling for taste as the man said Just do it.

Regards

Alan

Post trip blues

Bruce, you started a wonderful thread that has been valuable for our collective psyches. No-one is alone. We all experience the same excitement of the shoot and the common disappointment at not having perfectly captured what we visualized and are holding in our mind's eye. It seems to me that time frequently modulates that disappointment and I can only think that the image in my mind's eye is, perhaps, slowly changing. Those of you who talked of patience and familiarization with the subject are very wise and give me confidence that I am on the right track by seeking out local subjects, visiting them several times and trying to visualize what will be the best light for a shot before unpacking my camera. I still have a high percentage of "failures". However, with this more contemplative approach I find I have fewer and fewer failures due to technique. One thing you mentioned at the end, Bruce, was that some shots don't seem to come to life until matted and framed. I know exactly what you mean, but can't put my finger on why that is. Anybody have any thoughts on Bruce's observation? Glad you got this started, David