After a week of shooting in the West Texas desert, I returned with excitement of seeing the results. Once again I was disappointed, and I should know better tha n to get excited before making even the first print. An excursion to sand dunes turned out rather disappointing. My best shot was fog ged when I accidentally pulled up the dark slide ever so slightly while in a hur ry to shoot before the sun went down. My second best shot has bad vignetting in the upper corners and my 3rd best shot suffered from some type of blotching, pro bably from using old fixer. I still had some good pictures, and have yet to develop all of my film so maybe I'll get better results in the next batch. I think I have finally gotten to the point of realizing on the ground glass when an image has potential and is more than a large format snapshot. And using PMK has helped save negatives that I would have trouble developing with other chemic als. Does anyone else suffer from the malady of being disappointed upon seeing what t hey actually got? I went through the same thing last year, but after a few month s of not looking at them my fotos started to grow on me. Maybe it had something to do with the familiar becoming contemptuous? It seems like some of the fotos don't actually come to life until after matting and framing. Any thoughts on this?