Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Richard Ritter's Cameras

Re: Richard Ritter's Cameras

Mr. Bglick

It’s a shame that you have decided to take aim at Richard Ritter when he is out of town and unable to reply to you. Secondly who are you? A name would help. Not Bglick

I have had a lot of work done by Richard. He is probably the best we have. He has over 20 years of experience in this field. No one comes close. I do know he works on a first in first out basic. If he told you 4 weeks it must have been based on the work load he had in the shop and you having the job there in a promise amount of time. All I can assume is you may not have lived up to your end of the deal and your job arrived weeks after you said it would and Richard got a lot of work in or started a big job that took up most of his shop space and key machines that he would have needed to do your job. Not knowing both sides I must side with Richard based on the amount of good things that have been said about him and also on the amount of work he has done for me and friends of mine in the past. Yes he can be slow at times. As Bruce said he is a one man operation. I rather have him be slow and do it right.

The best thing would be to have yesterday posts by you removed they are nasty and uncalled for.

Todd Wright

> It’s a shame that you have decided to take aim at Richard Ritter when he is out of town and unable to reply to you.

"Take Aim" ??? I concurred with another poster regarding poor communications.... a simple "heads-up" regarding my experience. I made it clear that Richard did complete the project.... It's obvious Richard does good work, and he has many satisfied customers. Agreed, he is a credit to the LF community....does this mean he NEVER had "issues" that some need to be aware of? Does this mean no one can "mention such"? 95% of my bandwidth was defending myself against personal attacks, including yours which is based on having NO KNOWLEDGE of the situation.

> I have had a lot of work done by Richard. He is probably the best we have. He has over 20 years of experience in this field. No one comes close.

I respect and appreciate your opinion regarding your experiences, and I am sure you respect others experience too, right? ? Or maybe, if you're experience is favorable, then the it becomes unlawful to share experiences that did not match up to yours? I never got that Memo Todd, please re send it! :-)

> I do know he works on a first in first out basic. If he told you 4 weeks it must have been based on the work load he had in the shop and you having the job there in a promise amount of time. All I can assume is you may not have lived up to your end of the deal and your job arrived weeks after you said it would and Richard got a lot of work in or started a big job that took up most of his shop space and key machines that he would have needed to do your job.

Wonderfully WRONG assumptions Todd.... and herein lies why all this unnecessary bandwidth has been created. The venerable adage.... "IF YOU CAN'T BEAT THE MESSAGE, THEN BEAT-UP THE MESSENGER" approach is alive and well here. You are working from the assumption that Richard is perfect, and any person who is less than 100% satisfied with his work is liar and moron. Hey, seems logical to me Todd, right?

> Not knowing both sides I must side with Richard

This says it all Todd, you ADMIT to knowing NOTHING, but rendered a decision on fault. Need I say more?

> The best thing would be to have yesterday posts by you removed they are nasty and uncalled for.

IMO, the best thing to avoid these mess's .... people should refrain from commenting on others peoples experience whereas they have absolutely and admittedly NO knowledge of. Those people should willingly remove their posts as it's these peoples need to disrespect others experiences which is "unjust" and "uncalled" for. I propose the same thing to you I did to Bruce.... do you really think bashing a persons personal experience which you have no knowledge of.... is this helping the cause?

Richard calibrated my spotmeter a few months ago and did a great job. He encloses a calibration record with it. It was something like a three day turnaround. I never talked to him or emailed. Got it back so fast I didn't have to!

--John

Mr Bglick

Take notice the last poster used a real name so did Bruce.

In order for Richard to defend himself he would have to know who you are.

Lifes to short

Good bye

Todd Wright

Todd, RR knows who I am, he has gotten plenty of emails from me.... my handle is my name, B. Glick.... does that change anything?

Your're right, life is short, so why waste your valuable time commenting on things you nothing about?
    Last edited by bglick; 24-Nov-2006 at 17:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Barlow View Post
    At any time, Richard has about 15 to 20 cameras in his shop for anything from minor repairs to refinishing. Plus trying to build cameras. Plus meter repairs and calibrations.
    Not taking sides in this thing on either end, but I will add that I've never found this excuse to be valid: "I'm too busy on too many projects to communicate well or do a proper job." I'm reminded of the frequent Ron Wisner complaints. Time management needs to be a #1 priority when running your own business.

That said, I've been a satisfied Richard Ritter customer and I don't think it's fair of you, Bruce, to make such an argument on Richard's behalf given that he hasn't had a problem fulfilling past orders. He is clearly not too busy to handle his workload given the praise on this forum.

Keep in mind that everyone has the right to make mistakes now and again, and I'm sure Richard makes his share of them, regardless of whether bglick was one of them or not.

Thanks for being the voice of reason Alec....

My thoughts are the same.... no one is perfect, everyone has shortcomings.... Wisner is a perfect example of the frustration level people have when a vendor has very poor communications. By no means am I placing RR in that category, OK, no flames please.

I accept that my experience with RR may have been an isolated situation, hence why I had no desire to attack his reputation. RR seemed very nice and congenial when I spoke to him on the phone a few times. It's obvious RR does very good work and is appreciated by the LF community. A simple "heads-up" by a few of us regarding RR communications, IMO, shouldn't have become fuel for flames....

It may more be a matter of culture/age than anything else. From what I have read about Dick Phillips, he isn't much for online communications either. But people understand this upfront, and I bet he ignores any obnoxious, whining PITAs.

If you want satisfying, old fashioned, handmade, one-person craftsmanship you need to be sensitive to their quirks.

One well respected shutter repair fella told me that if someone kept pestering him for a rush job then he would put their project at the end of the line...

Wisner was hardly a one-man craftsman operation, so I wouldn't put him in the same category.

hi!

Does anyone have experince with the 12x20 cameras built by Mr. Richard Ritter? Any pictures?

Thanks for any comments or tips.

Best regards

Mohan

Quote Originally Posted by mohan View Post
    hi!

Does anyone have experince with the 12x20 cameras built by Mr. Richard Ritter? Any pictures?

Mohan
    To see the camera check out this site www.lg4mat.net/ulfcamera.html

This shows the 7x17, but Richard uses the same carbon fiber chasis for all his cameras

Trust me, as an owner of a 7x17, you won't be disappointed by Richard's cameras. Richarad's cameras are an excellent value and highly recommended.