Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Katrina - Revised - New Comments?

Katrina - Revised - New Comments?

Ed: Very nice work. The captions are very helpful to people who aren't certain what they're looking at. I would keep them as short as possible and let the photographs do the talking.

What scanner are you using? On our large screens the details are stunning. You mentioned earlier that you hadn't done your PS work on the photographs. Have you now?

I'm thinking you're starting to see what documentary photographers do and how that kind of process works.

Good Luck
    "I meant what I said, not what you heard"--Jflavell

> What scanner are you using?

9950 with Vuescan 8.17. I am rescaning a few of the first ones I did, over the 3 weeks to took to scan them, Vuescan got a lot better.

>You mentioned earlier that you hadn't done your PS work on the photographs. Have you now?

A few have been tuned - the tree got some work. The vast majority have just had the levels set and a simple curve applied to boost contrast, but I did add a touch of sharpening after I made the JPG. While I am a digital guy for post processing, I try to get as much as I can into the negative.

Ed

Great work. I am from St Bernard. I have made some 4x5 negs of the destruction of the Bayou Savage wild life preserve. I am staying at my mothers in Bellchase and planning to take a ride down towards Venice. Is it open? I would like to see Delacroix and Hoedale too , have you heard anything about either?

So to be so miss informed but I am working in Alexandria and getting very little info.

Sam,

Tried emailing, but I do not know if that worked. It is open at least as far as Sulfur, but I do not know if the road is still intact to the end. There will be check points, as there were on the other side. They did not ask for my ID, I think they were only looking for potential looters. I wore decent business clothes and drive a small car, rather than a truck, so I probably did not look like I could steal much.:-)