Thread: Springfield, MO.

Springfield, MO.

I am presently living in Springfield MO. and was wondering why there seems to be no workshops any where in the Midwest within a reasonable driving distance. I would also like to meet other LF photographers from this area. Thanks , James

Eric Biggerstaff

Springfield, MO.

James,

Howard Bond offers several workshops a year out of his home in Ann Arbor, Michigan. While not exactly next door they may offer you some opportunities to work with a wonderful photographer and teacher.

I have worked with Howard a lot and he is a great person. Also, the prices for his workshops are very low and are probably the best deal in workshops for the money

www.ericbiggerstaff.com
    Eric Biggerstaff

www.ericbiggerstaff.com

Springfield, MO.

James,

I live in Columbia but have been going to Illinois on occasion to shoot with a group of large format photographers based out of the Chicago area, Mid-West Large Format Asylum. One member, Danny Burk, gives workshops but mostly in the Smokies. It would be great to get a group like this started in Missouri, Illinois is a long drive.

Springfield, MO.

James,

I'm in Memphis, TN and have been surprised that no workshops have been hosted in the Ozarks of Missouri or Arkansas.

Springfield, MO.

Years back Oliver Schuard, head of the University of Missouri, did several fall workshops near Eminance. I attended one but due to the large number of participants it was kind of hit and miss. He did a print critique about a month later which was great. Since he retired I haven't seen him.

Springfield, MO.

I intended to say head of the Arts Department at the University.

Springfield, MO.

James,

I'm a retired commercial photographer and have just moved from Cottonwood, AZ to Noel, MO. Maybe sometime we can meet.

Springfield, MO.

James,
    Years ago Howard Bond did workshops in Springfield, Mo but the following year he couldn't get enought interest to make it worth it again. Al Weber at one time was considering doing workshops around the midwest but again not enought interest A few years ago St. Louis Community College was having weekend workshops with people such as Dick Arentz, Martha CAssanave, Jay Dussard and several others but I haven't heard of any in the past couple years.Oliver Schuchard was teaching workshops for Al Weber at the Victor School last year but I haven't spoke with him lately to see if he is doing any workshops around here, he is a great teacher and photographer.
    I'm in St. James, MO (wine country)

Springfield, MO.

U of Missouri Press just published a retrospective of his work 1967-2005 called The Landscape in Black and White. I studied with him for several years at the U of Missouri. One of the great teachers and wonderful photographer. A real influence in my photography and mentor supreme.