Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PC greetings

PC greetings

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral, celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practised within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all...

...and a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2006, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make Britain great, (not to imply that Britain is necessarily greater than any other country or is the only country in the hemisphere), and without regard to the race, creed, colour, age, physical ability, religious faith, choice of computer platform, BTZS worker, sensitometry nut or sexual preference of the wishee.

DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTABILITY:

(By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms).

This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal and is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for her/himself or others, and is void where prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year, or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.)

The colour of this greeting has no bearing on anything whatsoever and is purely arbitrary given the limited selection of colours and tones available to choose from within the software used to prepare this message.

PC greetings

Merry Christmas to you, too. Happy Hannuka to those of Jewish persuasion and Happy Kwanzaa to our black friends. Who needs to be PC? Just think as kindly of others as you do yourself. Happy holidays to all. And I ain't withdrawin' my wishes. Feliz Navidad.
    Michael W. Graves
    Michael's Pub

If it ain't broke....don't fix it!

PC greetings

Silly.

PC greetings

Hi Rob, Tell us the truth. Do you work for Islington Council or Birmingham City Council. I ask this 'cos you appear to have been got at. Stay Happy. PETE.

PC greetings

Leave it to a Brit to put in that much thought and effort into being funny (excuse me, er, humorous). As a native New Jerseyan , the birthplace of more comedians than anywhere else in the U.S., I am officially bloody jealous.

PC greetings

I'm reporting you to Bill O'Reilly.

PC greetings

Me, I prefer my Mac. Better user interface, less clicks.

Have fun.

PC greetings

My previous message got mangled, for some reason.

Should've read: less clutter, fewer clicks.

PC greetings

"I am officially bloody jealous"

It's nice to know that there's at least one or two people out there with a sense of humour...

p.s. unfortunately I'm not the author.

PC greetings

Rob,

You hemispherist! What have you got against those of us in the southern hemisphere? We are about to enjoy our summer-solstice holiday period, and all you can do is wish the northerners a pleasant holiday.

Well, that does it. I'm fed up with the blatant discrimination I have been forced to endure on the internet. It's a global communication system, but you people treat us like we're beneath you. We're only "down under" in name - do you hear me?

I'm not going to take it any longer. I'm off to the beach and I'm going to throw a prawn on the barbie this very instant! Let's see how you like that.

Cheers,
    Graeme (in Oz)