Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Focus Magazine

Focus Magazine

I've been seeing a lot of photographers advertising in Focus Magazine, and I'm wondering how they're doing?

Focus Magazine

I heard from a rather reliable source that they were in financial turmoil. I was told they had 1 more issue to press then are evaluating the publications future. In other words pay per issue for now or risk a big loss.

Focus Magazine

Besides, you should know, you are the editor........otherwise AKA David S.

It is sad you have to resort to this kind of thing to fish for comments on your magazine. Simmons at least has the ba!!s to use his real name.

Focus Magazine

….As he smugly wipes the blood from his sword and with a flourish slides it deftly into the scabbard…..
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Focus Magazine

SO, Jorge, How do you know he is the editor? I'm not trying to be a jerk, just can't figure out how you know.

Focus Magazine

Spivak used to do this kind of thing on APUG until he was banned. It's pretty familiar behavior. I reported it to the LF forum moderators this morning and included a list of all the IP addresses he used on APUG. They can confirm it.

Focus Magazine

SO, Jorge, How do you know he is the editor? I'm not trying to be a jerk, just can't figure out how you know.

Not at all Mark, it is only natural you would be curious. I thought someone would ask.

It is actually funny, this guy got banned from APUG, so he signed up under the name photomaniac....of course he could not resist using an avatar.......which was a picture he had shown under DavidS and had on his magazine web site...lol...

So then I found it curious that someone would ask about the magazine on this forum...lets face it, we are a very close community and most of us "know" each other for years now....so I checked his e mail....and what do you know? the e mail address is photomaniac3000......lol....

What pisses me off a little is the fact that this guy thinks we are too stupid to catch on and does not even have the courtesy to plan his fake identities so they are at least a little different......how dumb can you be?

Focus Magazine

That's to bad. I just recieved a copy of Focus and thought it was pretty well done at first glance. Of course I haven't read it yet. Why was AKA...jack bower banned from a forum? I was hoping Focus would give us another choice in the LF photography magazine dept. Now it seems apparent that Focus has problems also.

Focus Magazine

I myself have never seen Focus but I have purchased the first issue of "The Large Format Journal".
    I am impressed and really hope this will be a continuing and an additional source for the LF community.
    I just hope they work on the website more....
    If anything is gives us Europeans a magazine closer to home.
    http://www.thelargeformatjournal.com/index.html
    Teddan

Focus Magazine

"Why was AKA...jack bower banned from a forum?"

He would spam the site similar to what he is doing here, but mostly he was banned for incendiary comments. In his relentless pursuit of pumping his mag he would lose his way and start hurling nasty insults at those who disagreed with him.