Oh well. Ya gotta understand that being from a scruffy rural background myself, sharing stories about tight scrapes is just part of the whole point of traveling to begin with. I rode the range with a family of Nevada mustangers when I was 16. They came from managing a million acre ranch in Nevada all by themselves and had a lot of wild west still in them. A wonderful family if you didn't cross them; I saw what happened to those that did. Nevada contains some real characters. And what I was sorta hinting at, is that some of them don't like a camera aimed at some very photogenic subjects they might personally find sensitive. Even a pretty beaver pond might be a point of contention if someone is having a feud with the BLM and claims squatters rights to it. Chances are, that's not going to be the case; but if someone does happen to be there staring at you squinty-eyed, discretion is the better part of valor. When in doubt, I shoot quickie MF. But don't underestimate the demographic issues. Rural Nevada tends to be quite different from Reno or Vegas. Most important - hope for serious clouds. They can utterly transform the landscape into sheer magic. I pulled out an old neg a few weeks ago with a gigantic thunderhead right above a herd of black wild mustangs on a white salt pan. Glad I had a 450 lens along for my 4x5, cause those horses were very skittish.