Thread: Owens Valley Workshop

Is that a Hassleblad? Brian Vuillemenot's Avatar

Owens Valley Workshop

My sincerest thanks to Per and the other guys who made the Owens Valley/ Eastern Sierra large format workshop/ get together such an enjoyable and photographically productive experience. Of the many highlights, some of my favorite were Mono Lake at dusk, the ancient bristlecones, and shooting Mount Whitney at dawn. I'll post some images as soon as I get the transparencies back from the lab. Are any of the other participants interested in sharing images by website/ e-mail and/or a print exchange?
    Brian Vuillemenot

Owens Valley Workshop

I enjoyed the company of some very good photographers and will attend many more events in the future. This is such an enjoyable outting and is the highlight of my photographic year. Hope to have some images to post soon. I especially liked being snowed upon at Mammoth Lakes. Hope to see everyone soon.

Owens Valley Workshop

Hi Brain,
    Though I didn't stay the full workshop, I truly enjoyed the time spent learning from and shooting with fellow participants. The gods favored us with good light and weather. The sharing/exchange idea sounds good.

Owens Valley Workshop

I also enjoyed the week, meeting many new people, seeing wonderful new places I'd never been and hopefully will have some good images to boot.

Everything was almost ideal...
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover"
    August Rodin

My Now old Photo Site

Owens Valley Workshop

I have been repeatedly indebted to Per for sponsoring the workshops, and if humanly possible within my meager means, I will attend every workshop possible. As everyone has previously noted, the exchange with other photographers of our bent is invaluable.

I consider this a great community, like the exchange of ideas on this forum except that it is live and face to face and takes place in real time photographic situations. Cheers to all.

Brian, I would be glad to exchange and share but am unsure of my ability to do a link to do so on these pages. I took 3 images during the week that I felt were successful, for 3 varying reasons which include a new direction on one, a strong gestalt figure from Bodie (attributed to recent readings of Richard Zakia) and one other. In terms of sharing - exchange it would be particularly great to have review and critique from others who were in the same environment, lighting and conditions.

Ever learning, ever growing. Mark Carstens's Avatar

Owens Valley Workshop

Thanks again, Per. You have a real knack for bringing people together. I get as much enjoyment out of being in the company of other LF photographers as finding new locations to shoot, and catching up on the latest innovations in gear, the darkroom and the lightroom. I also appreciate your perspective and guidance. You're the wise sage on the mountain top, but with a sense of humor to match your vast knowledge of photography.

I look forward to the next workshop!
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett

Owens Valley Workshop

I too add my thanks to Per for putting together such a rewarding workshop. This was my third and I can hardly wait for the next . Unfortunately I will probably not be able to attend the next one in Zion. The company, the locations and the light were all just great. Thanks Wilbur for the introduction to Zakia's work "Perception and Imaging" which I just ordered from Amazon.